In this guide, we will explain the process to install custom firmware on Antminer L3+ and benefits of installing a custom firmware.
About Antminer L3+
Antminer L3+ is a powerful ASIC Machine to mine Litecoin (LTC) or Scrypt Algorithm Coins. It can give a maximum hashrate of 504Mh/s for the power usage of 800W. The miner was released in June 2017 and Currently, this miner is no more profitable. It uses a powerful BM1485 ASIC chip for an extraordinary performance. Noise-level of this device is 70db and is suitable for home mining.
1. Before starting with this process you Generate a Backup of your Miner.
To make a backup go to Sytem>Upgrade and Download a Backup. If any error occurs while upgrading the firmware you can perform a reset.
2. Set the miners frequency at 320Mh/s
3. First of all, download the custom firmware from this link
Read Also - How to overclock Antminer L3+
Advantages of a Custom Firmware
There are various advantages of a custom firmware such as
- Energy saving upto 20% as compared to the stock firmware or original firmware provided by Bitmain.
- You can add frequency setting per individual chain of the device.
- Updated Cgminer
- Adjustable Fans
- Faster startup time of the Miner
- Full control over the miner
Instructions to install custom firmware on Antminer L3+
To install the custom firmware on Antminer L3+ you should have a downloaded custom firmware file and backup of your miner.
- Go to System>updgrade>flash new firmware image where you can select the custom firmware.
- Now reboot your device and start the process of tweaking.
- Set the voltage and frequency to the lowest level so that you can start Benchmarking for the best possible hash rate with low power usage.
- Start tweaking by increasing the frequency of the device.
Instructions to bring back to the stock firmware
- Download the official Firmware from Bitmain
- Before flashing back to the original firmware make sure to set the voltage to 12 or 13.
- Flash the downloaded image and reset to defaults
- If it doesn\'t works then disconnect all the hashing boards and reconnect it.
Read discussion at Bitcointalk forum