In this guide, we will explain Acer Aspire One Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Acer Aspire One.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Aspire One.
About Acer Aspire One
- Acer Aspire One comes with a 14″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 Widescreen Display.
- It is powered by Intel Celeron N3450 Quad-Core Processor with 4GB of RAM and 32GB Internal Storage.
- It offers 9 Hours Battery Life with a powerful 4810 mAh Battery.
- Finally, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
Read also – How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Aspire One
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Aspire One
1. Acer Aspire One USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Aspire One Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Aspire One and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Aspire One
- Turn your Acer laptop off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the power button and press the F2 button as soon as the Acer logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot by selecting with Right Arrow.
- Use F5 or F6 key to change the order to USB.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- How to Factory Reset Acer Aspire One to clean everything
- How to install Linux Mint on Acer Aspire One from USB
- Acer Aspire One Fan Noise or Loud Fans Problem Fix
- Acer Aspire One BIOS Update to fix some issues
- How to install Windows 7 on Acer Aspire One with USB
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by