In this guide, we will explain Acer Aspire 5 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Acer Aspire 5.
About Acer Aspire 5
- Acer Aspire 5 comes with a 17.3 inches 1920 x 1080 Widescreen Display.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7-8550U Processor with 12GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.
- The graphics in Acer Aspire 5 are powered by Nvidia MX150.
- According to the battery test by LaptopMag, the battery of Acer Aspire 5 lasts for 6 hours and 41 minutes.
- Finally, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Aspire 5.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Aspire 5
There is some software available for creating a bootable USB in your Acer Aspire 5. After creating the bootable USB you have to change the boot order to USB which is shown below.
1. Acer Aspire 5 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Aspire 5 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Aspire 5 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. Boot from USB by using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Aspire 5
- To change the boot order in Acer Aspire 5,
- First of all, turn off your Laptop.
- Then to enter into BIOS press F2 as soon as Acer Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the F2 or other key provided by the Manufacturer.
- Next, in the boot menu use the arrow keys to change the boot order to the USB.
- Save and Exit.
- Start installing the desired OS in your System.
Discuss any problem with Acer Aspire 5 on Infofuge and start by