Many users are facing the Acer Aspire 5 heating problem and here is the solution to this heating problem. We will be using some effective methods to solve the overheating issue in Acer Aspire 5.
About Acer Aspire 5
- Acer Aspire 5 comes with a 17.3 inches 1920 x 1080 Widescreen Display.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7-8550U Processor with 12GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.
- Also, The graphics in Acer Aspire 5 are powered by Nvidia MX150.
- According to the battery test by LaptopMag, the battery of Acer Aspire 5 lasts for 6 hours and 41 minutes.
- Finally, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
Read More about Acer Aspire 5
Read Also –
- Acer Aspire 5 Ubuntu 18.04 installation guide for beginners
- Boot from USB for Linux and Windows OS
- Acer Aspire 5 Kali Linux installation guide for beginners
What is the heating problem in Acer Aspire 5?
- The heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amounts in your Acer Aspire 5.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical devices or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why a heating issue can be caused in Acer Aspire 5?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Acer Aspire 5.
- The operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Also, Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Acer Aspire 5.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the heating issue in Acer Aspire 5?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Acer Aspire 5: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Acer Aspire 5 is heating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Acer Aspire 5 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Acer Aspire 5 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Acer Aspire 5. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: Acer provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Acer Aspire 5 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures. Furthermore, it will also fix the battery draining issue.