If your Acer Aspire TouchPad is not working properly or stopped working then you must try these methods to fix this problem. The common cause of this problem may be the driver so your problem must be solved after upgrading the drivers.
Check your Laptop’s Touchpad driver in the Device manager where you may see a yellow mark next to the device. If this is the problem then you must upgrade the driver of your Laptop. Here is the complete set of instructions that should be followed to upgrade the driver of your Acer Aspire Laptop.
Methods to Fix Acer Aspire Touchpad not working problem
Method 1: By Updating Driver
- Search for Download Touchpad Driver for Laptop Model, click the link available on the top of search results or Go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and search for your Laptop model.
- Click on Category Mouse and Keyboard & Input Devices Under this category you can download the Latest Driver for your laptop.
- After the download completes you have to double click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver for your Laptop.
Method 2: Fix Acer Aspire Touchpad not working by Updating BIOS
What is BIOS?
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is a software that controls display, keyboard, drives and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Setting password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Benefits of updating BIOS
- Improve the performance of your PC completely
- Issues with Compatibility are fixed
- Also, Shorten Boot time
- Lastly, the Touchpad issue may be fixed by updating BIOS
Instructions to Update BIOS in Acer Aspire
Remember: Do not turn off the computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as it may harm your computer.
- Search for your Acer Aspire Model BIOS Update on google and click on the link
- Download the Latest BIOS Update from the page or from the official Acer Support website
- After the download finished run the .exe file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Acer Aspire Keyboard Not Working Problem (Solved)
- How to Factory Reset Acer Aspire E 15 to clean everything
- How to install Linux Mint on Acer Aspire 5 from USB
- Complete Acer Aspire 5733 Overheating problem Fix
- Acer Aspire ES1-533 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- Acer Aspire V5 Boot from USB to install Windows or Linux
If your Problem is not solved yet you can ask a Question at Infofuge