In this guide, we will explain Acer Nitro 5 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss the USB boot guide for your Acer Nitro 5.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Nitro 5.
About Acer Nitro 5
- Acer Nitro 5 is one of the fast performance laptops by Acer with solid graphics on a budget.
- Cons of purchasing the laptop is an awful webcam, the keyboard is a very clicky and overheating problem.
- Acer Nitro 5 is powered by a 2.3-GHz Intel Core i5-8300H processor, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD.
- Also, the graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- According to LaptopMag’s Battery test 2.0, the battery of Acer Nitro 5 lasts for hours and 44 minutes.
Read Also – How to install Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5 easily
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Nitro 5
1. Acer Nitro 5 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Nitro 5 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Nitro 5 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Nitro 5
- Turn your Acer Nitro 5 off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the power button and press the F2 button as soon as the Acer logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot by selecting with Right Arrow.
- Use F5 or F6 key to change the order to USB.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- Acer Nitro 5 Slow Performance Problem Fixed
- Acer Nitro 5 Screen Flickering Problem [Solved]
- How to Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5 to clean everything
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by