If your Acer Nitro 5 TouchPad is not working properly or stopped working then you must try these methods to fix this problem. The common cause of this problem may be the driver so your problem must be solved after upgrading the drivers.
Check your Laptop’s Touchpad driver in the Device manager where you may see a yellow mark next to the device. If this is the problem then you must upgrade the driver of your Laptop. Here is the complete set of instructions that should be followed to upgrade the driver of your Acer Nitro 5 Laptop.
About Acer Nitro 5
- Acer Nitro 5 is one of the fast performance laptops by Acer with solid graphics on a budget.
- Cons of purchasing the laptop is an awful webcam and the keyboard is very clicky.
- Acer Nitro 5 is powered by a 2.3-GHz Intel Core i5-8300H processor, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD.
- Also, The graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- According to LaptopMag’s Battery test 2.0, the battery of Acer Nitro 5 lasts for hours and 44 minutes.
Methods to Fix Acer Nitro 5 Touchpad not working problem
Method 1: By Updating Driver
- Search for Download Touchpad Driver for Laptop Model, click the link available on the top of search results or Go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and search for your Laptop model.
- Click on Category Mouse and Keyboard & Input Devices Under this category you can download the Latest Driver for your laptop.
- After the download completes you have to double click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver for your Laptop.
Method 2: Fix Acer Nitro 5 Touchpad not working by Updating BIOS
What is BIOS?
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is a software that controls display, keyboard, drives and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Setting password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Benefits of updating BIOS
- Improve the performance of your PC completely
- Issues with Compatibility are fixed
- Also, Shorten Boot time
- Lastly, the Touchpad issue may be fixed by updating BIOS
Instructions to Update BIOS in Acer Nitro 5
Remember: Do not turn off the computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as it may harm your computer.
- Download Acer Nitro 5 BIOS Update on google and click on the link
- Download the Latest BIOS Update from the page or from the official Acer Support website
- After the download finished run the .exe file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- How to Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5 to clean everything
- How to install Windows 7 in Acer Nitro 5 with USB
- Acer Nitro 5 Boot from USB for Windows and Linux OS
- How to install Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5 easily
- How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Nitro 5 with USB
- Acer Nitro 5 Overheating issue fixed successfully
If your Problem is not solved yet you can ask a Question at Infofuge