If your Acer Predator Helio 300 TouchPad is not working properly or stopped working then you must try these methods to fix this problem. The common cause of this problem may be the driver so your problem must be solved after upgrading the drivers.
Check your Laptop’s Touchpad driver in the Device manager where you may see a yellow mark next to the device. If this is the problem then you must upgrade the driver of your Laptop. Here is the complete set of instructions that should be followed to upgrade the driver of your Acer Predator Helio 300.
Methods to Fix Acer Predator Helio 300 Touchpad not working problem
Method 1: By Updating Driver
- Search for Download Touchpad Driver for Laptop Model, click the link available on the top of search results or Go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and search for your Laptop model.
- Click on Category Mouse and Keyboard & Input Devices Under this category you can download the Latest Driver for your laptop.
- After the download completes you have to double click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver for your Laptop.
Method 2: Fix Acer Predator Helio 300 Touchpad not working by Updating BIOS
What is BIOS?
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is a software that controls display, keyboard, drives and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Setting password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Benefits of updating BIOS
- Improve the performance of your PC completely
- Issues with Compatibility are fixed
- Also, Shorten Boot time
- Lastly, the Touchpad issue may be fixed by updating BIOS
Instructions to Update BIOS in Acer Predator Helio 300
Remember: Do not turn off the computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as it may harm your computer.
- Download the BIOS Update for Acer Predator Helio 300.
- After the download finished run the .exe file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- How to Factory Reset Acer Predator Helios 300
- How to overclock Acer Predator Helios 300’s processor
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to install Windows 7 on Acer Predator Helios 300 with USB
- How to install Kali Linux on Acer Predator Helios 300
- Common Problems with Acer Predator Helios 300 and their Fix
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Boot from USB Guide
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Forum: Problems and Issues Fix
If your Problem is not solved yet you can ask a Question at Infofuge