Here is the complete Acer Predator Helios 300 Boot from USB Guide. We will be discussing some ways in which you can boot all the operating systems in your USB and can also create a Live USB.
About Acer Predator Helios 300
- The laptop is known for the cooling system and a gaming laptop at an affordable price.
- It is powered by Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, 6 core Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB of RAM.
- Advantages of purchasing Acer Predator are the 144Hz refresh rate and good battery life.
- Also, the disadvantages of purchasing this laptop are overheating problem, loud fans, and Lackluster sound.
- Read Also – How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Predator Helios 300
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Predator Helios 300.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Predator Helios 300
1. Acer Predator Helios 300 Boot from USB using Rufus
Download Rufus 3.4
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Predator Helios 300 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Predator Helios 300 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Predator Helios 300
- Turn your Acer laptop off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the power button and press the F2 button as soon as the Acer Logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot by selecting with Right Arrow.
- Use F5 or F6 key to change the order to USB.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop