In this guide, we will explain Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Acer Swift 3 SF314-55.
About Acer Swift 3 SF314-55
- Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 is one of the fast performance laptops by Acer with
- Stellar battery life and plenty of ports.
- Cons of purchasing the laptop are boring looks and the speakers are down.
- Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 is powered by a 2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7200U CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD.
- Also, The graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- According to TechRadar, the battery of Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 lasts for 8 hours and 3 minutes.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Swift 3 SF314-55.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Swift 3 SF314-55
There is some software available for creating a bootable USB in your Acer Swift 3 SF314-55. After creating the bootable USB you have to change the boot order to USB which is shown below.
1.Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. Boot from USB by using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Swift 3 SF314-55
- To change the boot order in Acer Swift 3 SF314-55,
- First of all, turn off your Laptop.
- Then to enter into BIOS press F2 as soon as Acer Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the F2 or other key provided by the Manufacturer.
- Next, in the boot menu use the arrow keys to change the boot order to the USB.
- Save and Exit.
- Start installing the desired OS in your System.
- How to install Windows 7 on Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 from USB
- Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 Common Problems with their Fix
- How to Install Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Swift 3 SF314-55
- How to Install Kali Linux on Acer Swift 3 SF314-55
- Acer Swift Laptop Keyboard Not Working (Solved)
- How to take a screenshot on Acer Desktop?
Discuss any problem with Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 on Infofuge and start by