We will explain Acer Switch 3 Boot from USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Acer Switch 3.
About Acer Switch 3
- It is powered by 1.10GHz Intel Pentium Quad Core N4200 processor with 4GB LP DDR3 RAM and 64GB eMMC of the storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 505.
- It packs a 5MP camera for the rear and 2MP for the front.
- Lastly, it weighs 2.8 pounds.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Switch 3.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Switch 3
1. Create bootable USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Switch 3 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Switch 3 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Switch 3
- Go to BIOS settings by pressing F2 Key
- Add the
.efifile to the trusted UEFI files by selecting it and naming the option to whatever you want.
- Enable the F12 boot menu.
- Exit and save changes.
- Tap F12 until you get the boot menu.
- Boot options can be seen here
Read some installation guides for Acer Switch 3:
- How to Factory Reset Acer Switch 10 to clean everything
- How to install Kali Linux on Acer Switch 3 from USB
- Acer Switch 3 Fan Noise or Loud Fans Fix
- Complete Acer Switch 3 Overheating Problem Fix
- How to install Linux Mint on Acer Switch 3 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Acer Switch 3 from USB
- Acer Switch 3 Boot from USB Guide to install Windows or Linux
- Acer Switch 3 Forum: Discuss all your problems and issues
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by