Here are the complete Acer Switch 3 overheating problem fix. Users have just asked for support on Infofuge if you have this similar heating issue in your Acer Switch 3 then follow this post.
About Acer Switch 3
- It is powered by 1.10GHz Intel Pentium Quad Core N4200 processor with 4GB LP DDR3 RAM and 64GB eMMC of the storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 505.
- It packs a 5MP camera for the rear and 2MP for the front.
- Lastly, it weighs 2.8 pounds.
What is the heating issue in Acer Switch 3?
- Heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amount in your Acer Switch 3.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop and it can also cause a battery draining issue in your laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why the heating problem can be caused in Acer Switch 3?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Acer Switch 3.
- Operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Acer Switch 3.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the Acer Switch 3 Overheating problem?
Follow these instructions below to Fix the overheating problem in your Acer Switch 3:
1. Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Acer Switch 3
The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Laptop is getting hot. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
2. Place your Laptop in a cooler room
Keeping your overheated Acer Switch 3 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
3. Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation
As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Acer Switch 3. However, Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
4. Check for BIOS updates in Acer Switch 3
There are many benefits of updating the BIOS such as,
- Fix all the issues that are currently annoying to you
- The performance of your Acer Switch 3 will improve
- Also, Booting time will become short
Lastly, if the process of updating the BIOS goes wrong it might result in some errors which may also result in damaging your computer. Acer provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check For BIOS update
5. Test for any hardware failures
If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Acer Switch 3. Customer Support
6. Use Low Power mode
In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. Lastly, There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
7. Purchase a Laptop Cooling Pad
Laptop Coolers are commonly used by gamers for their heavy usage which results in the heating problem. However, you have to purchase a correct cooler for your laptop as the wrong cooler can make your problem worse. Lastly, purchase a power efficient cooler that does not consume more power.
8. Reduce the Clock Speed of your CPU
To seek for a higher performance many users overclock their CPU. But the advanced user gets their Laptops in trouble by providing it heating issues. To fix the issue you have to underclock your laptop to normal.
9. End High Resource consuming Tasks
The programs that have high CPU and disk consumption but your computer in heavy burden. Rebooting can solve this problem if you are not able to access the Task Manager. On the task manager, you can see resource usage of every program. However, simply identify the program causing trouble and force stop the culprit.
10. Troubleshoot Physical components
Although the common cause of overheating in Acer Switch 3 can be dust inside your computer. The other possible reason for this heating issue can be the faulty parts which need to be replaced immediately. Hardware components such as the battery, the RAM, and the hard drive can overheat after a time span. Lastly, If your laptop is under warranty period ask them for further assistance.
- How to install Linux Mint on Acer Switch 3 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Acer Switch 3 from USB
- Acer Switch 3 Fan Noise or Loud Fans Fix
- Acer Switch 3 Boot from USB Guide to install Windows or Linux
- How to install Windows 7 on Acer Spin 5 from USB