We will explain ASUS VivoBook F510UA Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your ASUS VivoBook F510UA.
About ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- ASUS VivoBook F510UA is powered by the Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) Processor with 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM and the storage of 1TB.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD 620 graphics card.
- It comes with a 15.6 inches display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- In addition, the Laptop comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and weights 1.67 Kg.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in ASUS VivoBook F510UA.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in ASUS VivoBook F510UA
First of all, create a bootable USB drive and then change the boot order to boot from USB in ASUS VivoBook F510UA.
1. ASUS VivoBook F510UA Boot from USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. ASUS VivoBook F510UA Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your ASUS VivoBook F510UA and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB on your ASUS VivoBook F510UA.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- Turn on or restart your Laptop
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port
- To enter into BIOS enter ESC or F2
- Now into Boot tab disable Fastboot
- To save and quit press F10
- Again, press ESC or F12 and change the boot order to USB, Save and Quit using F10
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Now read some installation guides for your Laptop,