Here is the Complete Asus ZenBook UX430 Fan Noise Problem Fix. Many users are facing the problem such as running constantly and Always loud fans with Asus ZenBook UX430.
About Asus ZenBook UX430
- Asus ZenBook UX430 comes with a 14.0-inches display with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i7-8550U processor with 8GB LPDDR3 of RAM and 512GB M.2 SSD for storage.
- The graphics are powered by the GeForce MX150.
- Lastly, Windows 10 Home is pre-installed and 50Wh battery life.
Common Reasons for Fan Noise or Loud Fan Problem
Overheating problems in Asus ZenBook UX430 can make your fans work harder and spin at a higher speed to remove heat generated from the CPU which can cause noise.
Dust accumulated in the CPU and graphics card can also prevent your Laptop to dissipate heat. Also, it can cause the fans to run longer and make more noise. You have to clean the dust accumulated in the air-vents.
2. Damaged Bearing
A damaged bearing can create a high pitched noise as the fan speeds up, or there may be a grinding noise from a motor whose interior lubrication has failed. If this is the case then your computer may be overheating and the only solution is to purchase a new fan or replace it with the old one.
3. Noisy Hard Drive
There may be a hard drive failure if you notice a loud grinding noise every time your laptop accesses the hard drive. However, if you are also encountering some data errors then the hard disc of your laptop needs to be repaired/replaced in that case.
Instructions to Fix Asus ZenBook UX430 Fan Noise Problem
1. Kill all the Processes
- As we have discussed earlier that Overheating can be caused because of the heavy running tasks in your Laptop.
- To close the apps which are digesting your processor you have to open the Task Manager.
- To open the task manager hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Under processes tab you can close the apps which are more process consumers.
2. Purchase a Cooler
- A Laptop cooling pad helps to reduce the operating temperature of the laptop which is normally used when the laptop is not capable to dissipate the heat.
- The cooling pad will not only reduce the heat it will also provide comfort to the user.
- There are three types of coolers: Active, Passive and Multipurpose coolers.
- Active coolers create an additional airflow around the body of the laptop by using small fans.
- Passive Methods rely on thermally conductive materials such as an organic salt compound.
3. Cleaning Laptop
- Remember Fan noise is the result of a heating issue or your laptop is always hot
- All the Dust accumulated will reduce the airflow means poor heat dissipation
- To make things work better you’ll need to clean the vents or your machine physically
- If you Don’t know how to perform this then be careful while taking any action, it’s better to consult someone who is more experienced.
4. Fixing with a Software
- Your Asus ZenBook UX430 will allow you to control your fan speed by using third-party software.
- Reducing your fan speed with the software will only going to make your laptop hotter and reduce its lifespan.
- This Software will access all the information in your Laptop in depth. For your Asus ZenBook UX430, we will recommend SpeedFan.
5. Approach the Asus Service Center
- If your Fan is still not working then you have to approach the nearest service center of your laptop’s manufacturer.
- Lastly, if the problem is big enough then purchasing a new laptop may be cheaper.
- How to install Linux Mint on Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN
- Asus ZenBook Flip 14 Overheating Problem Fix
- How to install Ubuntu on Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN from USB