Here is How To Check the IMEI number of any Android device. We will be using a secret or USSD code and via settings. Both methods should display the IMEI number of your phone.
What is the IMEI number and When you need it?
IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is your phone’s fingerprint. It is a unique 15 digit which is used by phone carriers and manufacturers for tracking the device. Some may confuse it with the serial number listed on the device. IMEI is standard numbers that are used across the whole industry. It is a unique number assigned to every device sold via any channel.
This number is useful in case your phone is stolen or while trying to sell your old phone online. Police register your IMEI number while reporting your stolen device. Please Note that an IMEI is associated with a SIM slot, so dual SIM phones will have two IMEI numbers. So if you are currently in need to get your IMEI number follow the instructions provided below.
How To Check IMEI Number on Any Android Device?
There are two methods described below to check the IMEI number of any device.
- First, Go To Settings.
- Then scroll to the option About phone and select it.
- Next, choose Status and touch IMEI information.
- Finally, Your IMEI number should appear on the screen.
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- The IMEI number will now be displayed on the screen. Note it down somewhere safe or you can also take a screenshot.
If you liked the post, share, comment below, and follow our blog.