There are some common problems with Dell XPS 13 9370 which can be solved by the common methods provided in this article. If you can provide a fix to problems then Join Infofuge Q&A Community and help others.
Dell XPS 13 9370
- Dell XPS 13 9370 is known for a beautiful design, vibrant screen and strong performance with good battery life.
- It has become a consumers choice because it offers strong performance and a stunning screen in the chassis which looks attractive.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
- Display: 13.3-inch screen
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM – Upgrade RAM On Dell XPS 13 9370
- Hard Drive Size: 256GB SSD
- Weight: 2kg
Keep patience your Problem will eventually come on the page.
Common Problems with Dell XPS 13 9370 and their Fix
1. Overheating Problem in Dell XPS 13 9370
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your Dell XPS 13 9370.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
How to Fix the overheating issue in Dell XPS 13 9370?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Dell XPS 13 9370: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Dell XPS 13 9370 is overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Dell XPS 13 9370 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Dell XPS 13 9370 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Dell XPS 13 9370. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: Dell provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. To fix any bad component on your Dell XPS 13 9370 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Read More about Overheating problem in Dell XPS 13 9370.
2. Slow Hard Drive in Dell XPS 13 9370
- You can face a slow hard drive problem with your Dell XPS 13 9370 which can also be caused by Windows 10.
- The problem can cause slow file transfers and more time to load a program.
- It is caused because of disorganized information which takes more time to put through data fragments on the drive.
- There is an in-built Windows tool called Disk Defragmenter for clearing this problem easily.
- To access this tool Click on the Windows button and search “Defragment and Optimize Drives”. Click on the result and start the process.
3. Battery Draining very fast in Dell XPS 13 9370
- Is the battery of your Dell XPS 13 9370 not surviving for a few minutes after charge? then the battery of your Laptop needs to be replaced.
- Replacing batteries is a very simple job just pop out the battery from the back of your Laptop.
- The Discounted batteries for your Dell XPS 13 9370 are available at Batteries.com.
4. Sluggish Performance and Slow Boot time in Dell XPS 13 9370
- If your Dell XPS 13 9370 is suffering from sluggish performance or hangups when you are using multiple applications.
- If your Laptop needs more boot time then auditing the programs such as Bootloader is very necessary.
- To fix this problem you have to disable programs which are not in use and download System Suite 7 Professional tool which is a startup manager and optimizer.
- Upgrading the RAM is also a solution to Sluggish performance in Dell XPS 13 9370 as your laptop might require more memory. Purchase a compatible RAM from Crucial or Kingston for better performance.
5. Hard Drive Failure in Dell XPS 13 9370
- Is the hard drive of your Laptop Crashing or the Loud clicking sounds are coming whenever it accesses data from the hard drive.
- The solution to this problem on your Dell XPS 13 9370 is using online backup sites and replacing the hard drives.
- Lastly, There are numerous tools available on the internet to fix the Hard Drive failure problem in your Dell XPS 13 9370.
6. Windows Shut down problems in Dell XPS 13 9370
- The common shutdown problems can arise in your Dell XPS 13 9370 which can be cured by applying general fixes.
- We will be helping you to diagnose the issue and troubleshoot the specific components of software causing the problem.
1. Common Fixes to Shut down problems
- Uninstall all third-party programs such as Antivirus if any. These third-party programs can lead to shutting down of your computer. Also, you have a pre-installed antivirus program known as Windows Defender.
- Next, Running programs should be closed as these apps can interfere in the shutdown process. In case the programs are unable to close you can use task manager to close them forcefully.
- Finally, Update your Computer. To update your computer go to start and search for” check for updates”. Click on the result.
- Open Start
- Search “Fix problems with your Computer”
- Now click on the search result
- If the fix has been found by Windows then click on Apply fix when prompted.
- Wait for some time till the fix gets applied.
- Also, you may need the reboot your Computer for the changes to get into effect. It can also be done by pressing the power button and turn it off and on.
7. Stuck Pixels in Dell XPS 13 9370
- If your Dell XPS 13 9370 is suffering from Green, red dots or Black Dot on the screen then follow this fix.
- These stuck pixels can be very frustrating and remain black or green on the display without lighting up with other pixels.
- To fix this problem in your Laptop, Take a soft material and gently rub around the Black dot or stuck pixel in a circular motion. This trick can lighten up the dead pixel and once you the right location is found hold your finger there for few minutes.
- Lastly, if your Laptop is under warranty period the company may take action for the dots appearing on the screen. In case, your Laptop is damaged they will replace it with a new one.
8. Can’t connect to the WiFi in Dell XPS 13 9370
- There are two symptoms of your problem, No internet connection, and frequent timeouts while browsing.
- The solution to this problem is to make sure that the button for WiFi turned on in your Dell XPS 13 9370.
- Also, the WiFi which you are trying to connect is broadcasting its network name or SSID.
- Download utility tool such as Network Magic which will help you to troubleshoot your WiFi problem in Dell XPS 13 9370.
9. System Crash in Dell XPS 13 9370
- In such a case, your Dell XPS 13 9370 can refuse to boot up but don’t get panic you’ll get a fix to this problem.
- The problem may be caused due to a missing system file on the hard drive.
- However, to check this problem you have to remove the hard drive from the Laptop and place this drive into a USB enclosure. The USB enclosure can be found on online stores such as Amazon and BestBuy.
- All the instructions should be followed as per directions by the manufacturer.
- Now you can connect the USB enclosure to the working PC now you can check whether the drive is working or not. If the external drive is working then the computer will show it as an external hard drive where you can transfer all your data.
- Next, you have to check the disk for errors now open command prompt by going to Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt. Get into X: or your external drive where you have to type “chkdsk /f”. The computer may ask to dismount the drive in this case you have to accept by pressing Y.
- It will automatically scan whole drive and will fix all the errors associated with the drive. Lastly, an error report will be provided to you which can be used to encounter errors.
10. Black Screen in Dell XPS 13 9370
- If you are using Windows 10 then unexpected black screen problem can occur in your Laptop.
- To fix Black Screen issue in your Dell XPS 13 9370 follow some ways to fix this issue.
- First, You can try to wake up the display by using Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B.
- Second, If any external device is connected your Laptop disconnect them as they could be the reason for the black screen in your device.
- Lastly, Troubleshooting to fix the black screen to do this you have to restart your PC and boot in the safe mode.
More about How to Fix Black Screen in Windows 10
11. Dell XPS 13 9370 Screen Flickering problem Fix
- There is a solution to fix the screen flickering problem on your computer.
- The problem may be caused by two reasons: An incompatible application and Display driver.
- To know for sure that the problem is caused by drivers then we have to check whether the task manager is flickering or not.
- If the task manager is flickering you need to update the programs or display driver or all together.
- To open task manager Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC as a shortcut or search by pressing the Windows button.
- Update all the apps or contact manufacturer to check the specific incompatible apps.
- Update Display Driver
12. Dell XPS 13 9370 Not Charging but plugged in
- If your Dell XPS 13 9370’s battery stopped charging then apply the fix provided below.
- The problem may arise after the Windows update but don’t worry the fix is very easy.
- Click on the start button and search for Device Manager.
- Now open Batteries option which should contain two items Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Uninstall all the drives and don’t worry it will be automatically installed in your laptop after you restart it.
- Simply turn off your Computer after uninstalling both the drivers and remove the battery if it is removable.
- Now put the battery back in and plug in your Laptop.
- Turn on your Laptop and you will see the battery charging on your Laptop.
13. Virus Infection in Dell XPS 13 9370
- Malware can immobilize your Dell XPS 13 9370 so it is very necessary to prevent your computer from these crippling attacks.
- Common effects of virus and spyware infected computers are slow downloads and increase in pop-ups.
- You can download Free Antivirus software such as Avast and AVG. But we recommend subscription services such as Norton 360 which provide many facilities including stellar antivirus and spyware protection.
14. Dell XPS 13 9370 Fan Noise or Fan Problem
- Some power settings can cause the fan to spin or work faster and if you are using your Laptop.
- The common cause of noisy fan problem is the dust accumulate in them and Many people are least bothered about cleaning them.
- The dust can cause obstruction of fan blades which leads to louder spinning and increasing noise.
- Many users are afraid of cleaning the fans and leave it to professionals
- All you need to do is, Turn your laptop off and plug it out of the electricity
- Turn to its back and Remove its battery
- Find the air vent on the outer edge
- Unscrew the panel and open it up and the fan underneath can now be seen
- Lastly, blow out the dust
To fix Various PC problems we recommend this tool,
This tool will automatically fix the issue with your Dell XPS 13 9370.
- How to install Linux Mint on Dell XPS 13 9370 from USB
- Dell XPS 13 9370 BIOS update Available to Download
- Dell XPS 13 9370 Fan Noise or Loud Fans Problem Fix
- How to install Windows 7 on Dell XPS 13 9370 from USB
- Common Problems with Dell XPS 13 9370 with their Fix
- Dell XPS 13 9370 Boot from USB for Windows and Linux OS
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell XPS 13 9370 from USB
- How to Fix heating issue in Dell XPS 13 9370?
- How to overclock Dell XPS 13 9370 to increase performance
- Dell XPS 13 offical support Forum: Discuss all your issues
- Complete Dell XPS 13 Overheating Problem Fix
- How to upgrade the RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370?
If your problem is not solved yet Don’t Worry our community will provide a Fix Just