There are some Common problems with Lenovo Yoga C930 which can be solved by the common methods provided in this article. If you can provide a fix to problems then Join Infofuge Q&A Community and help others.
About Lenovo Yoga C930
- The laptop comes with a stylish premium design, lightweight, strong performance, and long battery life.
- Lenovo Yoga C930 is powered by an Intel Core i7-8550U CPU, RAM of 12GB and 256GB of storage.
- For networking, Lenovo Yoga C930 supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Finally, it is one of the best 2-in-1 Laptops around.
Read full specs and review at LaptopMag
Read also – Lenovo Yoga C930 Heating issue fixed in seconds
Keep patience your Problem will eventually come on the page.
Common Problems with Lenovo Yoga C930 and their Fix
1. Overheating Problem in Lenovo Yoga C930
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your Lenovo Yoga C930.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
How to Fix the overheating issue in Lenovo Yoga C930?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Lenovo Yoga C930: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Lenovo Yoga C930 overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Lenovo Yoga C930 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Lenovo Yoga C930 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Lenovo Yoga C930. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: Lenovo provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. To fix any bad component on your Lenovo Yoga C930 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
2. Slow Hard Drive in Lenovo Yoga C930
- You can face a slow hard drive problem with your Lenovo Yoga C930 which can also be caused by Windows 10.
- The problem can cause slow file transfers and more time to load a program.
- It is caused because of disorganized information which takes more time to put through data fragments on the drive.
- There is an in-built Windows tool called Disk Defragmenter for clearing this problem easily.
- To access this tool Click on the Windows button and search “Defragment and Optimize Drives”. Click on the result and start the process.
3. Battery Draining very fast in Lenovo Yoga C930
- Is the battery of your Lenovo Yoga C930 not surviving for a few minutes after charge? then the battery of your Laptop needs to be replaced.
- Replacing batteries is a very simple job just pop out the battery from the back of your Laptop.
- The Discounted batteries for your Lenovo Yoga C930 are available at Batteries.com.
4. Sluggish Performance and Slow Boot time in Lenovo Yoga C930
- If your Lenovo Yoga C930 is suffering from sluggish performance or hangups when you are using multiple applications.
- If your Laptop needs more boot time then auditing the programs such as Bootloader is very necessary.
- To fix this problem you have to disable programs which are not in use and download System Suite 7 Professional tool which is a startup manager and optimizer.
- Upgrading the RAM is also a solution to Sluggish performance in Lenovo Yoga C930 as your laptop might require more memory. Purchase a compatible RAM from Crucial or Kingston for better performance.
5. Hard Drive Failure in Lenovo Yoga C930
- Is the hard drive of your Laptop Crashing or the Loud clicking sounds are coming whenever it accesses data from the hard drive.
- The solution to this problem on your Lenovo Yoga C930 is using online backup sites and replacing the hard drives.
- Lastly, There are numerous tools available on the internet to fix the Hard Drive failure problem in your Lenovo Yoga C930.
6. Windows Shut down problems in Lenovo Yoga C930
- The common shutdown problems can arise in your Lenovo Yoga C930 which can be cured by applying general fixes.
- We will be helping you to diagnose the issue and troubleshoot the specific components of software causing the problem.
1. Common Fixes to Shut down problems
- Uninstall all third-party programs such as Antivirus if any. These third-party programs can lead to shutting down of your computer. Also, you have a pre-installed antivirus program known as Windows Defender.
- Next, Running programs should be closed as these apps can interfere in the shutdown process. In case the programs are unable to close you can use task manager to close them forcefully.
- Finally, Update your Computer. To update your computer go to start and search for” check for updates”. Click on the result.
- Open Start
- Search “Fix problems with your Computer”
- Now click on the search result
- If the fix has been found by Windows then click on Apply fix when prompted.
- Wait for some time till the fix gets applied.
- Also, you may need the reboot your Computer for the changes to get into effect. It can also be done by pressing the power button and turn it off and on.
7. Stuck Pixels in Lenovo Yoga C930
- If your Lenovo Yoga C930 is suffering from Green, red dots or Black Dot on the screen then follow this fix.
- These stuck pixels can be very frustrating and remain black or green on the display without lighting up with other pixels.
- To fix this problem in your Laptop, Take a soft material and gently rub around the Black dot or stuck pixel in a circular motion. This trick can lighten up the dead pixel and once you the right location is found hold your finger there for few minutes.
- Lastly, if your Laptop is under warranty period the company may take action for the dots appearing on the screen. In case, your Laptop is damaged they will replace it with a new one.
8. Can’t connect to the WiFi in Lenovo Yoga C930
- There are two symptoms of your problem, No internet connection, and frequent timeouts while browsing.
- The solution to this problem is to make sure that button for WiFi turned on in your Lenovo Yoga C930.
- Also, the WiFi which you are trying to connect is broadcasting its network name or SSID.
- Download utility tool such as Network Magic which will help you to troubleshoot your WiFi problem in Lenovo Yoga C930.
9. System Crash in Lenovo Yoga C930
- In such a case, your Lenovo Yoga C930 can refuse to boot up but don’t get panic you’ll get a fix to this problem.
- The problem may be caused due to a missing system file on the hard drive.
- However, to check this problem you have to remove the hard drive from the Laptop and place this drive into an enclosure. The USB enclosure can be found in online stores such as Amazon and BestBuy.
- All the instructions should be followed as per directions by the manufacturer.
- Now you can connect the USB enclosure to the working PC now you can check whether the drive is working or not. If the external drive is working then the computer will show it as an external hard drive where you can transfer all your data.
- Next, you have to check the disk for errors now open command prompt by going to Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt. Get into X: or your external drive where you have to type “chkdsk /f”. The computer may ask to dismount the drive in this case you have to accept by pressing Y.
- It will automatically scan whole drive and will fix all the errors associated with the drive. Lastly, an error report will be provided to you which can be used to encounter errors.
10. Black Screen in Lenovo Yoga C930
- If you are using Windows 10 then unexpected black screen problem can occur in your Laptop.
- To fix Black Screen issue in your Lenovo Yoga C930 follow some ways to fix this issue.
- First, You can try to wake up the display by using Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B.
- Second, If any external device is connected your Laptop disconnect them as they could be the reason for the black screen in your device.
- Lastly, Troubleshooting to fix the black screen to do this you have to restart your PC and boot in the safe mode.
More about How to Fix Black Screen in Windows 10
11. Lenovo Yoga C930 Screen Flickering Fix
- There is a solution to fix the screen flickering problem on your computer.
- The problem may be caused by two reasons: An incompatible application and Display driver.
- To know for sure that the problem is caused by drivers then we have to check whether the task manager is flickering or not.
- If the task manager is flickering you need to update the programs or display driver or all together.
- To open task manager Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC as a shortcut or search by pressing the Windows button.
- Update all the apps or contact manufacturer to check the specific incompatible apps.
12. Lenovo Yoga C930 Not Charging but plugged in
- If your Lenovo Yoga C930’s battery stopped charging then apply the fix provided below.
- The problem may arise after the Windows update but don’t worry the fix is very easy.
- Click on the start button and search for Device Manager.
- Now open Batteries option which should contain two items Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Uninstall all the drives and don’t worry it will be automatically installed in your laptop after you restart it.
- Simply turn off your Computer after uninstalling both the drivers and remove the battery if it is removable.
- Now put the battery back in and plug in your Laptop.
- Turn on your Laptop and you will see the battery charging on your Laptop.
13. Virus Infection in Lenovo Yoga C930
- Malware can immobilize your Lenovo Yoga C930 so it is very necessary to prevent your computer from these crippling attacks.
- Common effects of virus and spyware infected computers are slow downloads and increase in pop-ups.
- You can download Free Antivirus software such as Avast and AVG. But we recommend subscription services such as Norton 360 which provide many facilities including stellar antivirus and spyware protection.
14. Lenovo Yoga C930 Fan Noise or Fan Problem
- Some power settings can cause the fan to spin or work faster and if you are using your Laptop.
- The common cause of noisy fan problem is the dust accumulate in them and Many people are least bothered about cleaning them.
- The dust can cause obstruction of fan blades which leads to louder spinning and increasing noise.
- Many users are afraid of cleaning the fans and leave it to professionals
- All you need to do is, Turn your laptop off and plug it out of the electricity
- Turn to its back and Remove its battery
- Find the air vent on the outer edge
- Unscrew the panel and open it up and the fan underneath can now be seen
- Lastly, blow out the dust
Read some installation guide,
- How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo Yoga C930 with USB
- Lenovo Yoga C930 Kali Linux Installation guide for beginners
- How to install Ubuntu on Lenovo Yoga C930 easily
If your problem is not solved yet Don’t Worry our community will provide a Fix Just