There are some Common problems with Lenovo Ideapad 320 which can be solved by the common methods provided in this article. If you can provide a fix to problems then Join Infofuge Q&A Community and help others.
About Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Lenovo Ideapad 320 comes with a sleek design with a 15.6-inch panel with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
- It is powered by an Intel Core i3-7100U processor with 4GB or 8GB of RAM and a 500GB/ 1TB HDD.
- The disadvantages of purchasing this laptop are low battery life and a low-resolution display.
- However, the price of this laptop is $400 which is not worth for the specifications provided.
Keep patience your Problem will eventually come on the page.
Common Problems with Lenovo Ideapad 320 and their Fix
1. Overheating Problem in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your Lenovo Ideapad 320
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Read also – Lenovo Ideapad 330 Overheating problem fix
How to Fix the overheating issue in Lenovo Ideapad 320?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Lenovo Ideapad 320: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Lenovo Ideapad 320 is overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Lenovo Ideapad 320 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Lenovo Ideapad 320 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Lenovo Ideapad 320. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: Lenovo provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. To fix any bad component on your Lenovo Ideapad 320 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Read More about
2. Slow Hard Drive in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- You can face a slow hard drive problem with your Lenovo Ideapad 320 which can also be caused by Windows 10.
- The problem can cause slow file transfers and more time to load a program.
- It is caused because of disorganized information which takes more time to put through data fragments on the drive.
- There is an in-built Windows tool called Disk Defragmenter for clearing this problem easily.
- To access this tool Click on the Windows button and search “Defragment and Optimize Drives”. Click on the result and start the process.
3. Battery Draining very fast in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Is the battery of your Lenovo Ideapad 320 not surviving for a few minutes after charge? then the battery of your Laptop needs to be replaced.
- Replacing batteries is a very simple job just pop out the battery from the back of your Laptop.
- The Discounted batteries for your Lenovo Ideapad 320 are available at Batteries.com.
4. Sluggish Performance and Slow Boot time in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- If your Lenovo Ideapad 320 is suffering from sluggish performance or hangups when you are using multiple applications.
- If your Laptop needs more boot time then auditing the programs such as Bootloader is very necessary.
- To fix this problem you have to disable programs which are not in use and download System Suite 7 Professional tool which is a startup manager and optimizer.
- Upgrading the RAM is also a solution to Sluggish performance in Lenovo Ideapad 320 as your laptop might require more memory. Purchase a compatible RAM from Crucial or Kingston for better performance.
5. Hard Drive Failure
- Is the hard drive of your Laptop Crashing or the Loud clicking sounds are coming whenever it accesses data from the hard drive.
- The solution to this problem on your Lenovo Ideapad 320 is using online backup sites and replacing the hard drives.
- Lastly, There are numerous tools available on the internet to fix the Hard Drive failure problem in your Lenovo Ideapad 320.
6. Windows Shut down problems in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- The common shutdown problems can arise in your Lenovo Ideapad 320 which can be cured by applying general fixes.
- We will be helping you to diagnose the issue and troubleshoot the specific components of software causing the problem.
1. Common Fixes to Shut down problems
- Uninstall all third-party programs such as Antivirus if any. These third-party programs can lead to shutting down of your computer. Also, you have a pre-installed antivirus program known as Windows Defender.
- Next, Running programs should be closed as these apps can interfere in the shutdown process. In case the programs are unable to close you can use task manager to close them forcefully.
- Finally, Update your Computer. To update your computer go to start and search for” check for updates”. Click on the result.
- Open Start
- Search “Fix problems with your Computer”
- Now click on the search result
- If the fix has been found by Windows then click on Apply fix when prompted.
- Wait for some time till the fix gets applied.
- Also, you may need the reboot your Computer for the changes to get into effect. It can also be done by pressing the power button and turn it off and on.
7. Lenovo Ideapad 320 Stuck Pixels
- If your Lenovo Ideapad 320 is suffering from Green, red dots or Black Dot on the screen then follow this fix.
- These stuck pixels can be very frustrating and remain black or green on the display without lighting up with other pixels.
- To fix this problem in your Laptop, Take a soft material and gently rub around the Black dot or stuck pixel in a circular motion. This trick can lighten up the dead pixel and once you the right location is found hold your finger there for few minutes.
- Lastly, if your Laptop is under warranty period the company may take action for the dots appearing on the screen. In case, your Laptop is damaged they will replace it with a new one.
8. Can’t connect to the WiFi in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- There are two symptoms of your problem, No internet connection, and frequent timeouts while browsing.
- The solution to this problem is to make sure that the button for WiFi turned on in your Lenovo Ideapad 320.
- Also, the WiFi which you are trying to connect is broadcasting its network name or SSID.
- Download utility tool such as Network Magic which will help you to troubleshoot your WiFi problem in Lenovo Ideapad 320.
9. System Crash in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- In such a case, your Lenovo Ideapad 320 can refuse to boot up but don’t get panic you’ll get a fix to this problem.
- The problem may be caused due to a missing system file on the hard drive.
- However, to check this problem you have to remove the hard drive from the Laptop and place this drive into a USB enclosure. The USB enclosure can be found on online stores such as Amazon and BestBuy.
- All the instructions should be followed as per directions by the manufacturer.
- Now you can connect the USB enclosure to the working PC now you can check whether the drive is working or not. If the external drive is working then the computer will show it as an external hard drive where you can transfer all your data.
- Next, you have to check the disk for errors now open command prompt by going to Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt. Get into X: or your external drive where you have to type “chkdsk /f”. The computer may ask to dismount the drive in this case you have to accept by pressing Y.
- It will automatically scan the whole drive and will fix all the errors associated with the drive. Lastly, an error report will be provided to you which can be used to encounter errors.
10. Black Screen in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- If you are using Windows 10 then unexpected black screen problem can occur in your Laptop.
- To fix the Black Screen issue in your Lenovo Ideapad 320 follow some ways to fix this issue.
- First, You can try to wake up the display by using Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B.
- Second, If any external device is connected your Laptop disconnect them as they could be the reason for the black screen in your device.
- Lastly, Troubleshooting to fix the black screen to do this you have to restart your PC and boot in the safe mode.
More about How to Fix Black Screen in Windows 10
11. Lenovo Ideapad 320 Screen Flickering Fix
- There is a solution to fix the screen flickering problem on your computer.
- The problem may be caused by two reasons: An incompatible application and Display driver.
- To know for sure that the problem is caused by drivers then we have to check whether the task manager is flickering or not.
- If the task manager is flickering you need to update the programs or display driver or all together.
- To open task manager Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC as a shortcut or search by pressing the Windows button.
- Update all the apps or contact manufacturer to check the specific incompatible apps.
- Update Display Driver
12. Lenovo Ideapad 320 Not Charging but plugged in
- If your Lenovo Ideapad 320‘s battery stopped charging then apply the fix provided below.
- The problem may arise after the Windows update but don’t worry the fix is very easy.
- Click on the start button and search for Device Manager.
- Now open Batteries option which should contain two items Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Uninstall all the drives and don’t worry it will be automatically installed in your laptop after you restart it.
- Simply turn off your Computer after uninstalling both the drivers and remove the battery if it is removable.
- Now put the battery back in and plug in your Laptop.
- Turn on your Laptop and you will see the battery charging on your Laptop.
13. Lenovo Ideapad 320 keyboard not working
The possible reason why your laptop’s keyboard stopped working can be because of the following reasons:
- Bad driver
- Dirt and Dust Accumulation
- Incorrect Connection
- Wrong region settings
Fix for the Keyboard problem in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Update the drivers or rollback the keyboard drivers
- Clean your Laptops keyboard if you can find any dust accumulated in your keyboard
- Replace the faulty keyboard if it is physically damaged or disconnected from the motherboard. It may be a manufacturing defect so have to inform the manufacturer by going to the service center.
- Lastly, you can consider using an external keyboard.
14. Lenovo Ideapad 320 Touchpad not working
- Check that the installed operating system in your laptop is working fine as it may be possible that it is not responding to any commands.
- Some Laptops have Fn key + Function key to enable or disable the touchpad try pressing these keys to resolve the issue.
- Check for the mouse settings. Press windows key and search for the control panel in control panel click Hardware and sound option. Under Devices and Printers, you have to click Mouse. locate your touchpad settings in the Mouse Properties window. Ensure that there is a check in the checkbox of Enable touchpad. Lastly, apply changes then click ok.
- Check for driver updates
- Lastly, if the hardware is damaged then you have to replace it.
15. Virus Infection in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Malware can immobilize your Lenovo Ideapad 320 so it is very necessary to prevent your computer from these crippling attacks.
- Common effects of virus and spyware infected computers are slow downloads and increase in pop-ups.
- You can download Free Antivirus software such as Avast and AVG. But we recommend subscription services such as Norton 360 which provide many facilities including stellar antivirus and spyware protection.
16. Lenovo Ideapad 320 noise problem Fix
- Some power settings can cause the fan to spin or work faster and if you are using your Laptop.
- The common cause of noisy fan problem is the dust accumulate in them and Many people are least bothered about cleaning them.
- The dust can cause obstruction of fan blades which leads to louder spinning and increasing noise.
- Many users are afraid of cleaning the fans and leave it to professionals
- All you need to do is, Turn your laptop off and plug it out of the electricity
- Turn to its back and Remove its battery
- Find the air vent on the outer edge
- Unscrew the panel and open it up and the fan underneath can now be seen
- Lastly, blow out the dust
If your problem is not solved yet Don’t Worry our community will provide a Fix Just