Here is the Acer Swift 5 Overheating Problem or issue which can be fixed by following the ways provided on this page. So, follow each and every step to fix this heating issue within your Laptop.
About Acer Swift 5
- The Laptop is powered by an Intel Core i3-8130U and comes with Windows 10 home.
- It has a RAM of 6GB which can be upgraded to 8GB and for the storage, it provides 1 TB HDD.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 620 in this Laptop.
- Lastly, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
What is the overheating problem in Acer Swift 5?
- The heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amounts in your Acer Swift 5.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical devices or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why heating issues can be caused in Acer Swift 5?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Acer Swift 5.
- The operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Acer Swift 5.
- The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the heating issue in Acer Swift 5?
How to Fix the Acer Swift 5 Overheating problem?
Follow these instructions below to fix the overheating problem in your Acer Swift 5:
1. Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Acer Swift 5
The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Laptop is getting hot. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
2. Place your Laptop in a cooler room
Keeping your overheated Acer Swift 5 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
3. Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation
As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Acer Swift 5. However, Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
4. Check for BIOS updates in Acer Swift 5
There are many benefits of updating the BIOS such as,
- Fix all the issues that are currently annoying to you
- The performance of your Acer Swift 5 will improve
- Also, Booting time will become short
Lastly, if the process of updating the BIOS goes wrong it might result in some errors which may also result in damaging your computer. Acer provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
5. Test for any hardware failures
If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Acer Swift 5. Contact Support
6. Use Low Power Mode
In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. Lastly, there is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
7. Purchase a Laptop Cooling Pad
Laptop Coolers are commonly used by gamers for their heavy usage which results in the heating problem. However, you have to purchase a correct cooler for your laptop as the wrong cooler can make your problem worse. Lastly, purchase a power-efficient cooler that does not consume more power.
8. Reduce the Clock Speed of your CPU
To seek a higher performance many users overclock their CPU. But the advanced user gets their Laptops in trouble by providing it heating issues. To fix the issue you have to underclock your laptop to normal.
9. End High Resource consuming Tasks
The programs that have high CPU and disk consumption but your computer in heavy burden. Rebooting can solve this problem if you are not able to access the Task Manager. On the task manager, you can see resource usage of every program. However, simply identify the program causing trouble and force to stop the culprit.
10. Troubleshoot Physical components
Although the common cause of overheating in Acer Swift 5 can be dust inside your computer. The other possible reason for this heating issue can be the faulty parts that need to be replaced immediately. Hardware components such as the battery, the RAM, and the hard drive can overheat after a time span. Lastly, If your laptop is under warranty period ask them for further assistance.
- Complete Acer Swift 5 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to install Kali Linux on Acer Swift 5 from USB
- Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 Common Problems with their Fix
Any other issue with Acer Swift 5 – Asking a Question