Here is the ASUS Vivobook Boot from USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your ASUS Vivobook..
About ASUS Vivobook
- ASUS Vivobook is powered by Intel Core i9-8950HK processor and 16GB RAM with 1TB PCIe SSD.
- It comes with a display of 15.6-inch LED-backlit 4K UHD with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 630 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
- Lastly, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in ASUS Vivobook.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in ASUS Vivobook
1. Create bootable USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Create Bootable USB using UNetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your ASUS Vivobook and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in ASUS Vivobook
- Power on your Laptop
- Now Press F2 repeatedly as soon as ASUS logo appears to enter into BIOS
- Now press Tab to boot
- Make sure Secure Boot is turned off
- Under Boot tab, enable ‘Launch CSM‘ (Compatibility Support Module) and disable ‘Fast Boot’ option.
- Finally, Press F10 to save the configuration.
- To boot from USB Enter BIOS > Go to Save & Exit Tab> Select USB drive/CD-ROM from Boot Override.
- How to install Linux Mint on ASUS Vivobook from USB
- Common ASUS Vivobook Problems and their solutions
- How to install Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on ASUS Vivobook from USB
- ASUS VivoBook Fan Noise or Loud Fans Fix
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by