Here is the complete Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Fan Noise Problem Fix or solution. Many users are facing the problem such as Fan always on and loud Fans with Dell Inspiron 14 3000
About Dell Inspiron 14 3000
- Dell Inspiron 14 3000 comes with a 14-inch HD Display with a resolution of 1366 x 768 Pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Celeron N3060 Processor with storage of 32 GB HDD and 2GB DDR3 RAM.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 400 GPU.
- Finally, Windows 10 Home is pre-installed.
- Overall the laptop is not worth the price and is overpriced.
Common Reasons for Fan Noise or Loud Fan Problem
Overheating problem can make your fans to work harder and spin at a higher speed to remove heat generated from the CPU which can cause noise.
Dust accumulated in the CPU and graphics card can also prevent your Laptop to dissipate heat. Also, it can cause the fans to run longer and make more noise. You have to clean the dust accumulated in the air-vents.
2. Damaged Bearing
A damaged bearing can create a high pitched noise as the fan speeds up, or there may be a grinding noise from a motor whose interior lubrication has failed. If this is the case then your computer may be overheating and the only solution is to purchase a new fan or replace it with the old one.
3. Noisy Hard Drive
There may be a hard drive failure if you notice a loud grinding noise every time your laptop accesses the hard drive. However, if you are also encountering some data errors then the hard disc of your laptop needs to be repaired/replaced in that case.
Instructions to Fix Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Fan Noise Problem
1. Kill all the Processes
- As we have discussed earlier that Overheating can be caused because of the heavy running tasks in your Laptop.
- To close the apps which are digesting your processor you have to open the Task manager.
- To open the task manager hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Under processes tab you can close the apps which are more process consumers.
2. Purchase a Cooler
- A Laptop cooling pad helps to reduce the operating temperature of the laptop which is normally used when the laptop is not capable to dissipate the heat.
- The cooling pad will not only reduce the heat it will also provide comfort to the user.
- There are three types of coolers: Active, Passive and Multipurpose coolers.
- Active coolers create an additional airflow around the body of the laptop by using small fans.
- Passive Methods rely on thermally conductive materials such as an organic salt compound.
3. Cleaning Laptop
- Remember Fan noise is the result of heating issue or your laptop is always hot
- All the Dust accumulated will reduce the airflow means poor heat dissipation
- To make things work better you’ll need to clean the vents or your machine physically
- If you Don’t know How to perform this then be careful while taking any action, it’s better to consult someone who is more experienced.
4. Fixing with a Software
- Your Dell Inspiron 14 3000 will allow you to control your fan speed by using a third party software.
- Reducing your fan speed with the software will only going to make your laptop hotter and reduce its lifespan.
- This Software will access all the information in your Laptop in depth. For your Dell Inspiron 14 3000, we will recommend SpeedFan.
5. Approach the Dell Service Center
- If your Fan is still not working then you have to approach the nearest service center of your laptop’s manufacturer.
- Lastly, if the problem is big enough then purchasing a new laptop may be cheaper.
Read some installation guides,
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 14 3000 from USB
- Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Boot From USB for Linux and Windows
- How to install Windows 7 on Dell Inspiron 14 3000 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 14 3000+Dual Boot Windows