Here is the complete Dell Inspiron 14 3467 Overheating problem fix. Please follow the complete step-by-step instructions to resolve your problem successfully.
About Dell Inspiron 14 3467
- Dell Inspiron 14 3467 comes with a 14.0 inches (35.56 cm) with a resolution of 1366 x 768 Pixels.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD 520 GPU.
- It is powered by Intel Core i3-6006U processor and 4GB RAM with 1TB HDD for the storage.
- Lastly, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 is pre-installed.
What is the heating problem in Dell Inspiron 14 3467?
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your Dell Inspiron 14 3467.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why heating issues can be caused in Dell Inspiron 14 3467?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Dell Inspiron 14 3467.
- Operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Dell Inspiron 14 3467.
- The laptop needs more power supply.
Instructions to fix Dell Inspiron 14 3467 Overheating problem
Follow these instructions below to Fix the overheating problem in your Dell Inspiron 14 3467:
1. Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Dell Inspiron 14 3467
The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Dell Inspiron 14 3467 is getting hot. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
2. Place your Dell Inspiron 14 3467 in a cooler room
Keeping your overheated Dell Inspiron 14 3467 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
3. Ensure that your Dell Inspiron 14 3467 has a proper space for ventilation
As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Dell Inspiron 14 3467. However, Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
4. Check for BIOS updates in Dell Inspiron 14 3467
There are many benefits of updating the BIOS such as,
- Fix all the issues that are currently annoying to you
- The performance of your Dell Inspiron 14 3467 will improve
- Also, Booting time will become short
Lastly, if the process of updating the BIOS goes wrong it might result in some errors which may also result in damaging your computer. Dell provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for BIOS updates
5. Test for any hardware failures
If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Dell Inspiron 14 3467. Contact Support
6. Use Low Power mode
In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. Lastly, There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
7. Purchase a Laptop Cooling Pad
Laptop Coolers are commonly used by gamers for their heavy usage which results in the heating problem. However, you have to purchase a correct cooler for your laptop as the wrong cooler can make your problem worse. Lastly, purchase a power efficient cooler that does not consume more power.
8. Reduce the Clock Speed of your CPU
To seek for a higher performance many users overclock their CPU. But the advanced user gets their Laptops in trouble by providing it heating issues. To fix the issue you have to underclock your laptop to normal.
9. End High Resource consuming Tasks
The programs that have high CPU and disk consumption but your computer in heavy burden. Rebooting can solve this problem if you are not able to access the Task Manager. On the task manager, you can see resource usage of every program. However, simply identify the program causing trouble and force stop the culprit.
10. Troubleshoot Physical components
Although the common cause of overheating Dell Inspiron 14 3467 can be dust inside your computer. The other possible reason for this heating issue can be the faulty parts which need to be replaced immediately. Hardware components such as the battery, the RAM, and the hard drive can overheat after a time span. Lastly, If your laptop is under warranty period ask them for further assistance.
Any other issue with Dell Inspiron 14 3467? – Asking a Question