We will explain Dell Latitude E7450 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Dell Latitude E7450.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Dell Latitude E7450
About Dell Latitude E7450
- Dell Latitude E7450 comes with a 14.0 inches display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Core i5-5300U 97 processor with 8GB DDR3 of RAM and 128GB SSD of storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 5500 206.
- Lastly, Windows 10 OS is pre-installed.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in Dell Latitude E7450
1. Dell Latitude E7450 USB using RufusDownload Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Dell Latitude E7450 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,Download UNetbootin for Windows
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Dell Latitude E7450 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB InstallerDownload the Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Dell Latitude E7450
- To change the boot order in Dell Latitude E7450
- First of all, turn off your Laptop or restart it
- Then to enter into the UEFI BIOS Press F2 key as soon as Dell Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the F2 key or other key provided by Manufacturer
- Storage tab, then select Boot Options and finally change the boot order to the USB
- Save and Exit, Reboot
Now what? Read some installation guides,
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell Latitude E7450 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E7450 from USB
- Install Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E7450 from USB
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by Asking a Question