Here is the Complete Dell XPS 13 Overheating Problem fix. Many users are facing this issue with their laptop.
About Dell XPS 13 9360
- Dell XPS 13 9360 comes with a 1080p matte non-touch QHD+ glossy full touch display.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7 8th Generation processor with 16GB
LPDDR3 RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD.
- The graphics in Dell XPS 13 9360 are powered by Intel HD Graphics 620.
- Dell XPS 13 9360 has a battery capacity of 60WHr.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is pre-installed.
Full Specs at Windows Central
What is the overheating problem in Dell XPS 13?
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your Dell XPS 13.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why heating issues can be caused in Dell XPS 13
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Dell XPS 13.
- Operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Dell XPS 13.
- The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the Dell XPS 13 Overheating Problem
Follow these instructions below to Fix the overheating problem in your Laptop,
1. Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Dell XPS 13
The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Dell XPS 13 is getting hot. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Complete Dell XPS 13 9365 Overheating problem fix
- Dell XPS 13 9370 Fan Noise or Loud Fans Problem Fix
2. Place your Dell XPS 13 in a cooler room
Keeping your overheated Dell XPS 13 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
3. Ensure that your Dell XPS 13 has a proper space for ventilation
As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Dell XPS 13. However, Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
4. Check for BIOS updates in Dell XPS 13
Dell provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
5. Test for any hardware failures
If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Dell XPS 13 – Contact Support
6. Use Low Power mode
In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. Lastly, There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
7. Purchase a Laptop Cooling Pad
Laptop Coolers are commonly used by Gamers for their heavy usage which results in the heating problem. However, you have to purchase a correct cooler for your laptop as the wrong cooler can make your problem worse. Lastly, purchase a power efficient cooler that does not consume more power.
8. Reduce the Clock Speed of your CPU
To seek for a higher performance many users overclock their CPU. But the advanced user gets their Laptops in trouble by providing it heating issues. To fix the issue you have to underclock your laptop to normal.
9. End High Resource consuming Tasks
The programs that have high CPU and disk consumption but your computer in heavy burden. Rebooting can solve this problem if you are not able to access the Task Manager. On the task manager, you can see resource usage of every program. Simply identify the program causing trouble and force stop the culprit.
10. Troubleshoot Physical components
Although the common cause of overheating Dell XPS 13 can be dust inside your computer. The other possible reason for this heating issue can be the faulty parts which need to be replaced immediately. Hardware components such as the battery, the RAM, and the hard drive can overheat after a time span. If your laptop is under warranty period ask them for further assistance.
- How to install Linux Mint on Dell XPS 13 9365 from USB
- Dell XPS 13 9365 Boot from USB Guide + BIOS key
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell XPS 13 9365 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell XPS 13 9365 from USB + Dual Boot
- Install Windows 7 on Dell XPS 13 9360 from USB
Any other issue with Dell XPS 13 – Asking a Question