Here is How to Factory Reset Dell Latitude 7270?, follow this step-by-step process to Factory reset or master reset which will restore your Laptop to its original state.
Dell is a computer technology company based in Round Rock, Texas, United States, that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services. The company had briefly stepped into making Android smartphones but it shuttered its initiative.
What is Factory Reset?
- The factory reset is also known as Master reset which is a way to restore the electronic device to its previous or original state.
- This is also an attempt to restore the settings to their original manufacturer’s one.
- This method effectively erases all the data from the device which is often used to fix an issue.
- Devices include smartphones and laptops.
- In this process, all the data of the device will be erased while data on the SD card as well as pre-installed applications will not be affected.
- Also, Other devices such as Television and GPS units can also be Factory reset.
Does a Dell Latitude 7270 Factory Reset Save Documents, Music, Images, and Contacts?
Yes, Windows 10 preserves personal folders such as My Documents, My Videos, and My contacts when performing a factory reset on your Dell Latitude 7270. However, you must specify that you want to save your personal data when it prompts you. Otherwise, the reset will erase everything except OEM/preinstalled software and you have to start from scratch.
Common Reasons for a Factory Reset
While there are many reasons for resetting your laptop but there are some main reasons for a factory reset. First of all, A factory reset will return your computer to the same state it was in when it rolled off the assembly line. All the programs will be deleted that you have installed, delete drivers, and return settings to their defaults.
Over time some programs which are of no use to you consume space on your drive and utilize the processing power. Sometimes it becomes essential to get rid of such programs, by resetting you’ll reclaim the drive space as well as optimize the performance of your computer.
It is very essential to format or wipe all data while selling your computer to someone. A hard reset will also get rid of malware on your computer and will make it safe to sell someone. Also, you won’t risk accidentally giving away any personal information.
Note: Before taking any further steps please make sure you have made a complete backup of your files. If not then please refer to this guide to create a backup in your Windows laptop.
Methods to Factory Reset Dell Latitude 7270
Your Laptop can be restored to its factory settings if any of these following ways are applicable:
- A recovery partition is installed on your computer. Also, This recovery partition is usually installed by your PC manufacturer and can be used to restore a computer.
- A set of recovery discs are available for your Laptop. Also, These discs come with your purchased Laptop and can be used to perform a restore.
- You have the original Windows installation disc or bootable Windows USB. Also, This is the original disc that is used to reinstall Windows.
Method 1: Factory Reset by Advanced boot options
- Turn on or reboot the laptop.
- As soon as the Dell logo appears on the screen, press the F8 or F12 key repeatedly until you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Now select the “Repair your computer” option.
- The System Recovery Options screen opens.
- Select your keyboard layout, and then click on Next.
- At the next screen, it will prompt for the user name and password. Type your username and password, and then click OK.
- Leave it blank If you’ve removed the admin password.
Method 2: Reset by using Built-in Reset Option
- Earlier Factory resetting a computer was a very inefficient and inconvenient process in Windows PC. It was improved in Windows 8 and was included in Windows 10 with many improvements.
- To Reset your PC just Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery where you will see Reset this PC header; Now click the Get started button to begin the process.
- Now you have two options: Keep my files or Remove everything.
- Also, Confirm the operation by clicking the Reset button and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the plug-in to avoid losing power during the process of factory resetting your Dell Latitude 7270.
3. Method 3: By using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
- Windows 10 has included a new option to Factory reset the PC by using a Fresh Start option under Device Performance and health.
- You can get started with this option by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery page or by searching Fresh start after clicking the Windows button,
- Click the link text Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows under Fresh Start.
- Tap on “Get Started” to proceed.
Why Fresh Start can be better from the above options:
- Fresh Start option always keeps your personal files, with no option to remove them like above.
- Also, The Fresh Start option downloads the latest version of Windows 10 while the standard reset option uses the information from the recovery drive.
- This is provided by your PC manufacturer, or if you installed Windows on your own it must be stored in the C:Recovery folder.
4. Reinstall Windows by using Installation Media
If the methods provided above are not useful to you then you can use this method. In this method, we’ll be re-installing Windows by using Installation media such as a USB drive. This method will wipe everything on your Dell Latitude 7270 and will install a fresh copy of Windows. Learn How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick.