If you are experiencing an overheating problem in your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini then here is a set of instructions that can help you out of this heating issue in your smartphone.
iPhone 12 Specifications
- iPhone 12 comes with a 6.10-inch display with a resolution of (1170×2532) pixels
- It packs a 12MP front camera with a dual 12MP + 12MP camera at the rear
- It is powered by 64GB storage
- Lastly, it runs on iOS 14
iPhone 12 Mini Specifications
- iPhone 12 Mini comes with a 5.40-inch display (1080×2340)
- It packs a 12MP camera at the front and a 12MP + 12MP dual-camera at the rear
- It is powered by 64GB storage and runs on iOS 14
Why your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini is getting hot?
1. Contact with Direct Sunlight
If you are putting your smartphone in your pocket then it may get in direct contact with the sunlight which can heat up your device quickly. Also, you should avoid leaving your phone in a hot environment.
2. The issue with the Hardware Components
- The main culprits are the processor, RAM, battery, and screen.
- These main components are the main reason for producing heat in your device.
- The processor transfers the information at very high speed and the screen emits light which makes the process heated.
3. Gaming for the Long Period
Gaming for a longer period can exhaust the hardware components of your device producing heat. In addition, the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini have extraordinary gaming performance.
4. Streaming Content
Watching video content for hours can destroy battery health by overheating the phone.
5. Incorrect Settings
The settings of your phone can also impact the amount of energy consumption of the device. It involves high brightness, animated wallpapers, and using many widgets.
6. Not Updating Apps
Apps installed on your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini might be suffering from a bug so you can fix them with an update.
If your phone is charged above the required then excess energy is making your device overheated. So stop charging more than required.
Ways to Fix iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini Overheating Problem
1. Force Restart iPhone
Restarting will prevent you from minor software issues. To Force Restart Press and discharge the volume-up button then the volume-down button and continue holding the side button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Disable background app refresh
- Switching off Background app refresh can make a big difference in the amount of heat-producing by your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and switch it off
3. Turn Off Bluetooth and other network connections:
Disable network connections such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS to cool it down.
4. Reset all the settings
Resetting all the settings will most of the glitches and can help with the heating issue of the phone. To reset your device simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
5. Cleaning unnecessary applications
Deleting Large and unnecessary apps can solve heating issues as these apps consume more CPU usage. Go to Settings > Battery where you can see the battery usage of each app.
6. Updating iOS
Updating the operating system can fix all the bugs. If your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini is suffering from heating issues then updating the OS can fix this issue.
- Apple iPhone 11 Overheating Problem [Complete Solution]
- Apple MacBook Air Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How To Remove a Hacker From My Phone?
- Can we install MIUI on iPhone X?
- How to Overclock iPhone 7 Plus to speed up the phone
- How to Overclock iPhone 6s to speed up the phone
- iPhone 8 touch screen is not working and not responding to touch
- Can I install Windows 10 on iPhone X, if yes then How?
- List some free and unlimited VPN for iPhone X, XR and XS?
- How to download Tron (TRX) wallet for iPhone?