Here is How To Install Stock ROM on your Tecno Camon 18T? We have shown you the easiest ways to flash the stock firmware on your phone.
Remember Sometimes while rooting or while installing custom or stock ROM, we eventually brick our android phone. There is a solution for this which is provided here on this page “Flashing new stock ROM“.
About Tecno Camon 18T
Processor: MediaTek Helio G85
RAM: 4 GB
Storage: 128 GB
Display: 6.8 inches
Camera: Triple Camera
Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh
The display size is 6.8 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and gives you a 1080 x 2460 pixels resolution. The smartphone consists of a triple-camera including 48 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth).
It is packed with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. The device features Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, GPS, and micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go. The dimension of the device is 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.9 mm and it runs on the Android 11 + HIOS 8.0 operating system.
The smartphone is fueled by a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery + Fast charging 18W.
What is Stock ROM?
Stock ROM is an operating system developed by smartphone manufacturers to attract users. Every smartphone has its unique interface and features in its stock ROM. It differs from one brand to the next, as each gadget is custom-designed by the maker. It comes pre-installed in your device by the manufacturer when you purchase it. Some companies utilize Google’s stock operating system, while others created a Stock Rom using their own operating system.
If a stock ROM is open-source such as Android, code can be accessed by the developer, edited, recompiled, and re-released for another android or Custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM
- Your phone warranty will be back.
- Stock ROM will fix the boot loop problem on Tecno Camon 18T
- Experience the original Stock Android and free from bloatware
- Better performance with some functional improvements and smoother operation
- By installing stock ROM will unroot your Tecno Camon 18T, if it’s previously rooted.
- You will be able to receive OTA updates.
- All the bugs within the phone will be fixed.
The disadvantages of using a Stock ROM
- Performance Issues: The manufacturer of a Stock ROM limits its performance to a bare minimum. Which reduces your device’s performance. As a result, you may experience difficulties when doing higher-level tasks on your device. Playing games with higher graphics settings, for example.
- Apps come pre-installed: It is the characteristic of Stock ROM that many dislike the most. Pre-installed applications and features from the manufacturer cannot be removed or deleted. This unnecessarily takes up space on your smartphone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this article are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the process of Flashing Stock ROM is almost the same for every Android smartphone.
Infofuge.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods at your own risk!
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Tecno Camon 18T?
Below I have shown you two methods to flash Stock firmware on the Tecno Camon 18T smartphone. You can choose any of the shown methods according to your convenience.
Method 1: Flash Stock ROM using Odin Flash tool
You need to first fulfill the below requirements before proceeding to the steps.
- Download the Tecno Stock Firmware file on your computer.
- Download Odin Tool on your Computer.
- You will need a Laptop or Computer for this method.
- Fully charge your Tecno Camon 18T.
1. Once you have downloaded the Samsung stock firmware (.zip) for your device. Extract the downloaded firmware Zip file to a convenient file location.
2. Extract the Odin flash tool on the Computer.
3. Open the extracted folder and double click on the Odin3.exe file.
4. Connect the Tecno Camon 18T device to the Computer while it is in Download/ Odin Mode.
5. After connecting your device to the PC it will display the ID: COM section light up blue. Also, you will see an Added message under the log section.
6. Click on the AP button and select the firmware file.
7. Under the “Options” menu, make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected.
8. Finally, press the Start button to start the flashing process.
9. When the firmware flashing procedure is finished, you will receive a Green PASS!
10. Congrats! Your Tecno Camon 18T device will automatically Reboot and you can disconnect your device.
Method 2: Flash Stock ROM using TWRP Recovery
1. First, Install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Camon 18T.
2. Download Stock Firmware File.
3. Move the Stock Samsung ROM file to your Tecno Camon 18T Internal Storage.
4. Once done, Boot your Tecno Camon 18T to recovery mode by holding the Power Button + Volume Down for 5 seconds.
5. Now, you should see something like this.
6. Go to Install > Locate the Stock ROM that you have just downloaded.
7. Select the ROM file and “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
8. Wait for a couple of minutes, and once the process completes.
9. Reboot your phone.
10. You have successfully flashed Stock ROM on your Tecno Camon 18T android phone.
Also Read: Unlock Bootloader On Tecno Camon 18T
Common Issues and Solutions while Installing Stock ROM on Tecno Camon 18T
Here are some common issues and their solutions while installing the Stock ROM on your Android device.
Tecno Camon 18T Stucked at boot screen or Bootloop problem
The first time boot after installation of the Stock firmware on your phone is slow. So please wait for more than 5 to 10 minutes. If it doesn’t then try to remove the battery for 60 seconds and then re-insert it. If you are unable to remove the battery then leave your phone idle till it shuts down. Lastly, if nothing works, go into recovery mode and wipe all data.
The Screen shows ‘Update failed’ message
Question: The Progress bar load to the middle process but freeze/stuck and then show me a message ‘update failed’?
Answer: Use the correct Stock ROM applicable for your Samsung Galaxy S21. Use the SD card to create a dload.
My Device Keeps Continuously Auto Restarting
- Check your case/cover it might be automatically pressing the power button of your device which can lead to auto restart.
- Your current ROM can be corrupted or damaged which may be causing this issue. You can either install the Stock ROM which is listed above or try any other custom ROM. Here are some of the Best Custom ROMs available for your Tecno Camon 18T.
I’m Not Able to Install any ROM on my device
Please try this guide twice. if the problem still persists then you may leave a comment down below with screenshots, then we can help you to install the stock ROM on your device.
cust fail Tecno Camon 18T
Your device has been powered by another ROM, it will take time to load as it is the first boot for your phone. If the problem still persists then try some other ROM or firmware available for your particular device. Hard Reset your Tecno Camon 18T and then flash again.