Here is the complete Dell Latitude 7490 overheating problem fix. Users have just asked for support on Infofuge if you have this similar heating issue in your Dell Latitude 7490 then follow this post.
About Dell Latitude 7490
- Dell Latitude 7490 comes with a 14-inch FHD touch with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i7-8650U vPro processor with 8GB DDR4-2400MHz RAM and 256GB PCIe SSD.
- The graphics in Dell Latitude 7490 are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- Dell Latitude 7490 has a battery capacity of 60WHr.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is pre-installed.
What is the overheating problem in Dell Latitude 7490?
- The heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amounts in your Dell Latitude 7490.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop and it can also cause a battery draining issue in your laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical devices or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why overheating can be caused in Dell Latitude 7490?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Dell Latitude 7490.
- The operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Dell Latitude 7490.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the overheating issue in Dell Latitude 7490?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Dell Latitude 7490: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Dell Latitude 7490 is overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Dell Latitude 7490 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Dell Latitude 7490 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Dell Latitude 7490 has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Dell Latitude 7490. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates in Dell Latitude 7490: Microsoft provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Dell Latitude 7490 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Read Also –