In this post, we will explain to you to Boot from USB in Huawei Matebook D. There are many ways to boot from USB for installing Windows 10, Ubuntu, Arch Linux or any other Linux Distro.
About Huawei Matebook D
Huawei Matebook D packs with a touch-screen display and AMD processor at an affordable price. It has one of the most comfortable keyboards and long battery life. The laptop has an aluminum chassis and good graphics performance. Furthermore, this is a solid mainstream laptop.
- CPU: 2.0-GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor
- RAM: 8GB of RAM – Guide To Upgrade RAM of Huawei Matebook D
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD – Guide to Upgrade SSD
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile GPU
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Warranty: One Year
Read Full Review
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook D.
Advantages of Booting from USB
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot from USB in Huawei Matebook D
1. Huawei Matebook D Boot from USB using Rufus
Download Rufus 3.4
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Huawei Matebook D Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Huawei Matebook D and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook D
- Turn your Huawei laptop off
- You will need to disable secure boot inside the boot menu.
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter the BIOS menu, Press the power button and press the F2 button.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- Now you can Boot from USB in your Huawei Matebook D.