In this post, we will explain to you to Boot Kali Linux from USB in Windows 10. There are many ways to boot from USB for installing Windows 10, Ubuntu, Arch Linux or any other Linux Distro.
About Windows 10
Windows 10 is one of the family members of Operating systems developed by Microsoft. It is the latest development by Microsoft by being the successor of Windows 8.1 which was released on July 15, 2015. This operating system has got many positive reviews and is being praised for its design and features.
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution which is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on you Lenovo Ideapad 530S which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
Advantages of Booting Kali Linux from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting Kali Linux from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot Kali Linux from USB in Windows 10
1. Boot Kali Linux from USB using Rufus in Windows 10
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Windows 10 computer and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a Bootable Kali Linux USB on Windows 10.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.