Here is How to ASUS EeeBook X205TA Factory Reset?, follow this step-by-step process to Factory reset or master reset which will restore your device to its original state.
About ASUS EeeBook X205TA
- ASUS EeeBook X205TA comes with an 11.6-inch display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel® Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3735 1.33 GHz Processor with storage of 32GB SSD and 2GB DDR3L 1333 MHz SDRAM.
- The graphics are powered by Integrated Intel® HD Graphics.
- ASUS EeeBook X205TA has the 38 Whrs Polymer Battery
- Finally, Windows 8.1 is pre-installed.
What is Factory Reset?
- The factory reset is also known as Master reset which is a way to restore the electronic device to it’s the previous or original state.
- This is also an attempt to restore to the settings to its original manufacturer’s one.
- Also, This method effectively erases all the data from the device which is often used to fix an issue.
- Devices include Smartphone and laptops.
- In this process, all the data of the device will be erased while data on the SD card as well as pre-installed applications will not be affected.
- Also, Other devices such as Television and GPS units can also be Factory reset.
Methods to Factory Reset ASUS EeeBook X205TA
Your Laptop can be restored to its factory settings if any of these following ways are applicable:
- A recovery partition is installed on your computer. Also, This recovery partition is usually installed by your PC manufacturer and can be used to restore a computer.
- A set of recovery discs are available for your Laptop. Also, These discs come with your purchased Laptop and can be used to perform a restore.
- You have the original Windows installation disc or bootable Windows USB. Also, This is the original disc which is used to reinstall Windows.
Method 1: Restore your ASUS EeeBook X205TA using “Alt + F10” Keys
Note: This Method applies only to Windows 10/8.1/8.
Common Method of Restoring ASUS EeeBook X205TA is by repair disk if the disk is not available we will use this method.
- Start your Laptop or power off and then start it and Press F9 Key on Startup when the Acer Logo appears to access the hidden partition
- Press “Enter” when Windows Boot Manager appears.
- Now, choose your language from the options and click “Next.”
- Read on-screen messages and click next and select one of the following options “Recover Windows to First Partition Only,” “Recover Windows to Entire HD” or “Recover Windows to Entire HD With Two Partitions.”
- Finally, Click “Next” to proceed to the process of Factory resetting your laptop.
Method 2: Reset by using Built-in Reset Option
- Once Factory resetting a computer was a very inefficient and inconvenient process but it was improved in Windows 8. It was also included in Windows 10 with many improvements.
- To Reset your PC just Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery where you will see Reset this PC header; Now click the Get started button to begin the process.
- Now you have two options: Keep my Files or Remove everything.
- Also, Confirm the operation by clicking the Reset button and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the plug-in to avoid losing power during the process of factory resetting your ASUS EeeBook X205TA.
3. Method 3: By using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
- Windows 10 has included a new option to Factory reset the PC by using a Fresh Start option under Device Performance and health.
- You can get started with this option by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery page or by searching Fresh start after clicking the Windows button,
- Click the link text Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows under Fresh Start.
- Click Get Started to proceed.
Why Fresh Start can be better from the above options:
- Fresh Start option always keeps your personal files, with no option to remove them like above.
- Also, The Fresh Start option downloads the latest version of Windows 10 while the standard reset option uses the information from the recovery drive.
- This is provided by your PC manufacturer, or if you installed Windows on your own it must be stored in C:\Recovery folder.
4. Reinstall Windows by using Installation Media
If you are not interested in the ways provided above you can use the method of factory resetting using installation media to install the operating system. This method will wipe everything on your ASUS EeeBook X205TA and will install a fresh copy of Windows. Learn How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick.
- Complete ASUS EeeBook X205TA Fan Noise Problem Fix
- Common ASUS EeeBook X205TA Problems and their Solutions
- How to install Kali Linux on ASUS EeeBook X205TA from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on ASUS EeeBook X205TA from USB
- ASUS EeeBook X205TA Overheating Problem Fix
- ASUS EeeBook X205TA Boot From USB for Linux and Windows