Here is How to Factory Reset Huawei Matebook Laptops including Huawei Matebook X Pro, Matebook D and E. There are 4 methods of resetting Huawei Matebook to factory settings which are discussed here.
What is Factory Reset?
- The factory reset is also known as Master reset which is a way to restore the electronic device to it’s the previous or original state.
- This is also an attempt to restore to the settings to its original manufacturer’s one.
- Also, This method effectively erases all the data from the device which is often used to fix an issue.
- Devices include Smartphone and laptops.
- In this process, all the data of the device will be erased while data on the SD card as well as pre-installed applications will not be affected.
- Also, Other devices such as Television and GPS units can also be Factory reset.
Methods to Factory Reset Huawei MateBook
Your Laptop can be restored to its factory settings if any of these following ways are applicable:
- A recovery partition is installed on your computer. Also, This recovery partition is usually installed by your PC manufacturer and can be used to restore a computer.
- A set of recovery discs are available for your Laptop. Also, These discs come with your purchased Laptop and can be used to perform a restore.
- You have the original Windows installation disc or bootable Windows USB. Also, This is the original disc which is used to reinstall Windows.
Method 1: Huawei MateBook Recovery Key
While powering on your Laptop Press F10 key to access the factory reset settings page. Then click on the Start button on the screen to start the resetting process. Follow the onscreen instructions to factory reset your Huawei Matebook laptop.
Method 2: Reset by using Built-in Reset Option
- Once Factory resetting a computer was a very inefficient and inconvenient process but it was improved in Windows 8 and was included in Windows 10 with many improvements.
- To Reset your PC just Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery where you will see Reset this PC header; Now click the Get started button to begin the process.
- Now you have two options: Keep my Files or Remove everything.
- Also, Confirm the operation by clicking the Reset button and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the plug-in to avoid losing power during the process of factory resetting your Huawei Matebook.
3. Method 3: By using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
- Windows 10 has included a new option to Factory reset the PC by using a Fresh Start option under Device Performance and health.
- You can get started with this option by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery page or by searching Fresh start after clicking the Windows button,
- Click the link text Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows under Fresh Start.
- Finally, Click Get Started to proceed.
Why Fresh Start can be better from the above options:
- Fresh Start option always keeps your personal files, with no option to remove them like above.
- Also, The Fresh Start option downloads the latest version of Windows 10 while the standard reset option uses the information from the recovery drive.
- This is provided by your PC manufacturer, or if you installed Windows on your own it must be stored in C:\Recovery folder.
4. Reinstall Windows by using Installation Media
If you are not interested in the ways provided above you can use the method of factory resetting using installation media to install the operating system. This method will wipe everything on your Huawei Matebook and will install a fresh copy of Windows. Also, Learn How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick.
- How to install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro
- How to install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook 13 from USB
- Huawei MateBook X Pro BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- Huawei MateBook 13 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to overclock Huawei MateBook X Pro’s CPU
- Common Huawei MateBook 13 Problems and their solutions
- Complete Huawei MateBook 13 Overheating Problem Fix
- How to install Windows 7 on Huawei MateBook D with USB
- Huawei MateBook X Pro BIOS Update to solve overheating issue
- How to install Windows 7 on Huawei MateBook 13 from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Huawei MateBook 13 + Dual Boot Windows