Many users complaint about ASUS ROG Strix Hero II overheating and shutting down problems. So here is the fix to the heating and unexpectedly shut down issues in your Laptop.
About ASUS ROG Strix Hero II
- ASUS ROG Strix Hero II is powered by 2.2-GHz Intel Core i7-8750H with a RAM of 32GB.
- Windows 10 Pro is pre-installed in the Laptop.
- For storage, it provides 256GB SSD with a secondary hard drive of 1TB.
- The graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
What is the overheating problem in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II?
- Heating problem is generally when heat is increased in excessive amount in your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical device or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why overheating can be caused in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II.
- Operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Also, Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the overheating issue in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II is overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated ASUS ROG Strix Hero II in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: ASUS provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your ASUS ROG Strix Hero II – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Read also –
- How to install Windows 7 on Asus Rog Strix Hero II from USB
- How to Fix Overheating Problem in ASUS ROG Strix Hero II Gaming Laptop