In this guide, we will provide a complete process to Install Kali Linux On Acer Nitro 5. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Acer Nitro 5
- Acer Nitro 5 is one of the fast performance laptops by Acer with solid graphics on a budget.
- Cons of purchasing the laptop is an awful webcam, the keyboard is a very clicky and overheating problem.
- Acer Nitro 5 is powered by a 2.3-GHz Intel Core i5-8300H processor, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD.
- Also, the graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- According to LaptopMag’s Battery test 2.0, the battery of Acer Nitro 5 lasts for hours and 44 minutes.
About Kali Linux
- Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering.
- The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux.
- Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your Acer Nitro 5 which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
- You can also create a bootable USB for Windows operating system using Rufus.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Nitro 5
- Turn your Acer laptop off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the power button and press the F2 button as soon as the Acer logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot by selecting with Right Arrow.
- Use F5 or F6 key to change the order to USB.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process of installing Kali Linux on Acer Nitro 5 will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Acer Nitro 5.
Welcome To Kali Linux
- Acer Nitro 5 Slow Performance Problem Fixed
- Acer Nitro 5 Screen Flickering Problem [Solved]
- How to Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5 to clean everything
- Acer Nitro 5 BIOS Update and BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- How to install Windows 7 in Acer Nitro 5 with USB
- Acer Nitro 5 Boot from USB for Windows and Linux OS
Join Infofuge Community and discuss all your problems by