In this guide, we will provide a complete process to Install Kali Linux On Dell Alienware 17 R5. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Dell Alienware 17 R5
- Dell Alienware 17 R5 is a powerful gaming laptop that is powered by the Intel Core i9 processor and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU.
- For memory and storage, it has 32GB DDR4-2666MHz with 256GB SSD.
- Lastly, There is an overclocking option to increase gaming performance.
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your Dell Alienware 17 R5 which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux from the official website if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Dell Alienware 17 R5
- Turn off your Dell Alienware.
- Now turn on your laptop and press F12 before the Dell logo comes.
- On the boot options select the USB drive you want to boot from and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5.
More information to change the boot sequence on Manualslib
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux with Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5 will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Dell Alienware 17 R5.
Welcome To Kali Linux
- How to Factory Reset Dell Alienware 17 R5 to clean everything
- How to install Linux Mint on Dell Alienware 17 R5 from USB
- Common Problems with Dell Alienware 17 R5 with Fix
- How to install Windows 7 on Dell Alienware 17 R5 from USB
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell Alienware 17 R5
- Dell Alienware 17 R5 Slow Performance Problem [Solved]
- Dell Alienware 17 R5 Screen Flickering Problem [Solved]
Join Infofuge Community and discuss all your problems by