In this guide, we will provide a complete process to Install Kali Linux On Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga which is as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
About Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga is powered by an 8th-gen Intel Core processor, 16GB LPDDR3 RAM, and storage up to 2 TB PCIe SSD.
- The display is of the 14-inch IPS touch with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels.
- For security, it provides a Fingerprint reader, IR camera and dTPM 2.0.
- Lastly, it has a battery life of 51WHr.
Read also – Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Overheating problem fix
- Download Kali Linux from the official website if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
- You can also create a bootable USB for Windows operating system using Rufus.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga
- Turn your Lenovo ThinkPad off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the F12 key as soon as the Thinkpad logo appears.
- Now Under Boot Menu choose your USB drive by using Arrow keys.
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga.
Welcome To Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Kali Linux
Read some more installation guides,