Here is How to install LineageOS 16 on Huawei P10 Lite which is similar as for other Huawei models. Since an official development for this phone is not available in the market, we will let you know the process to install it. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei P10 Lite on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process.
About Huawei P10 Lite
- Huawei P10 Lite comes with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels.
- The phone is powered by Octa-core (2.1 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53 + 1.7 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53) processor with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
- For the rear camera, it has 12MP and 8MP for the front.
- Lastly, it uses a 3,000mAh non-removable battery.
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
Read More about LineageOS
As we have discussed earlier that LineageOs is not available for Huawei P10 Lite. But we will discuss the method of installing LineageOS on Huawei P10 Lite.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Huawei P10 Lite
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Huawei P10 Litei which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
Instructions to install LineageOS on Huawei P10 Lite
- First, Unlock bootloader on Huawei P10 Lite.
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
- Third, Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable
- Now you can flash the system image using fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB fastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – fastboot flash system system.img.
- To boot into stock recovery using following command- fastboot reboot.
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Huawei P10 Lite.
Read also –