Here is Realme 2 Pro LineageOS 16 Installation guide. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Realme 2 Pro on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process. Moreover, an official development for this phone is not available, we will let you know the process to install it.
About Realme 2 Pro
- Realme 2 pro comes with a 6.30-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 11080 by 2340 pixels.
- The phone is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core processor with 8GB RAM.
- The storage of this device is 128GB of internal storage expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card.
- As far as the camera is concerned it comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera with the 2-megapixel secondary camera.
- In addition, Realme 2 pro is a Dual-SIM phone with Android 8.1 as OS and skin of ColorOS 5.2 installed.
- Lastly, it is powered by a 3500mAh non-removable battery.
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod\’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Realme 2 Pro
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Realme 2 Pro which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
As we have discussed earlier that LineageOs is not available for Realme 2 Pro. But we will discuss the method of installing LineageOS on Realme 2 Pro.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your computer
Instructions to install LineageOS on Realme 2 Pro
- First, Unlock bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”.
- Third, Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable
- Now you can flash the system image using Fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into ADB Fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB Fastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – Fastboot flash system system.img
- To boot into stock recovery using following command- Fastboot reboot
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Realme 2 Pro.