Here is How to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 which is similar as for other Xiaomi models. Since an official development for this phone is not available, we will let you know the process to install it. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process.
About Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7 is powered by a 2.2GHz processor with 3GB of RAM.
- The internal storage of Redmi Note 7 is of 32GB of that can be 256GB via a microSD card.
- It has a touchscreen display of 6.30-inch with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels.
- For the rear camera, it has 48 + 5MP and 13 MP for the selfie camera.
- The is the phone is dual sim which runs on Android Oreo.
- Lastly, it is powered by a 4000mAh non-removable battery.
Read also – Redmi Note 7 Battery Draining fast issue fix
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
Read More about LineageOS
As we have discussed earlier that LineageOs is not available for Redmi Note 7. But as soon as the development is available on Xda-developers you can install this OS in your phone.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Redmi Note 7
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Redmi Note 7 which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
Instructions to install LineageOS on Redmi Note 7
- First, Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7.
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
- Third, Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable
- Now you can flash the system image using Fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB Fastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – fastboot flash system system.img
- To boot into stock recovery use following command- fastboot reboot
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Redmi Note 7.
Read also –