Here is the Vivo Y81 LineageOS 16 Installation guide. The process of installing LineageOS 16 on Vivo Y81 is similar as for other Vivo models. Since an official development for this phone is not available, we will let you know the process to install it. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Vivo Y81 on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process.
About Vivo Y81
- Vivo Y81 has a 6.22-inch display smartphone with a resolution of 1520×720 pixels.
- The phone is powered by 2GHz Helio P22 MediaTek octa-core processor with 3GB RAM.
- It has a storage of 32GB storage expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card.
- The phone has an attractive design with an expansive display and good rear and front camera of 13 MP and 5 MP.
- Lastly, it has a Battery of 3260 mAH.
Read also – How to fix Battery draining issue with Vivo Y81?
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod\’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Vivo Y81
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Vivo Y81which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
As we have discussed earlier that LineageOS is not available for Vivo Y81. But we will discuss the method of installing LineageOS 16 on Vivo Y81.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your computer
Instructions to install LineageOS on Vivo Y81
- First, Unlock bootloader on Vivo Y81.
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”.
- Third, Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable.
- Now you can flash the system image using Fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into ADB Fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB Ffastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – Fastboot flash system system.img
- To boot into stock recovery using the following command- fastboot reboot.
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Vivo Y81
Read also – Vivo Y81 Running slow or lagging issue Fix