Here is How to install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro with both the methods Straight installation and Dual Booting with other operating systems.
About Huawei MateBook X Pro
Huawei Matebook X pro is one of the most beautiful laptops available in the market. It comes with sensible design and a bright display with good battery life. Huawei has released the terrific battery life laptops including Matebook D and X. This Laptop is rated as the best laptop for the year 2018. Huawei Matebook X pro is expensive but it is the most luxurious laptop available in the market. Lastly, There is an overheating issue with Huawei MateBook X Pro.
- CPU:1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR3
- Screen:13.9-inch 3k display
- Storage:512GB SSD
Discuss Any Problem with your Laptop on Huawei Matebook X pro official Forum
What is Linux Mint?
- Linux Mint is a Linux community-driven operating system which is based on Ubuntu.
- It is very easy to use with a modern and elegant design with full out-of-the-box support of multimedia
- The development of Linux Mint started in 2006 with the release of Linux Mint 1.0 based on Kubuntu.
- Linux Mint 2.0 is based on Ubuntu following its own codebase.
Advantages of Installing Linux Mint in your Huawei MateBook X Pro
- Low memory usage
- Many Useful features such as automatically fixing issues which is better than Ubuntu
- Ease in installing themes
- Faster, Lighter and sleeker experience with software
- Plenty of applications available by default such as media Codecs and Flash
- Backup your Data
- A Formatted USB drive of 6/8GB
- Download Linux Mint image file from the official website – https://www.linuxmint.com/download.php. There are three versions of Linux Mint: Cinnamon, MATE, and Xfce. Recommended: Cinnamon
Create a Bootable USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook X pro
- Turn your Huawei laptop off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter the BIOS menu, Press the power button and press the F12 Key.
- You have to disable secure boot inside the boot menu to install Operating system from USB.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- Now you can Boot from USB in your Huawei Matebook X pro.
Read also – How to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook X pro
Instructions to Install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro
Linux Mint will be installed on your machine after a few steps:
1. Selecting Language
- The First step is to select your desired language or the language you will be using in the operating system.
- Also, Language can also be changed later.
2. Keyboard Selection and Proprietary Software
- Choose your Keyboard Layout and Detect Keyboard Layout.
- To ensure keys working properly you can use the text box provided below. Now the Screen will ask you to install proprietary software.
- If you want to play media files like MP3 then you should select the option.
3. Target Installation
- The Linux Mint installation Wizard provides many options for where to install Linux Mint. If you want to install Linux Mint in the entire hard drive then Select “Erase disk and install Linux Mint”.
- The option will delete all your files permanently.
- So in case you want to install Linux Mint by erasing method then make sure that you have made a complete backup of your all files.
- The other two options are encrypting Linux Mint and Logical Volume Manager (a Linux system to manage data on the hard drive efficiently).
- Something Else is the option to create partitions or Dual booting with Windows or any other operating system. So if you want a clean install without any complications select these options else to select something else.
4. Dual Boot Windows and Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro
- If you have already installed Windows on your Laptop then start installing Linux Mint with Windows and if not then read the guide to install Windows on Huawei MateBook X Pro.
- Select the “Something Else” option to create partitions on your machine and “Continue”.
1. Create Partitions
- We have to create Root, swap, and home partitions
- Firstly, You have to create a root partition.
- Now Choose the free space option and click on +.
- Choose the amount of space you want in your root partition (20GB or 21485MB recommended)
- Option “Use as” should be “Ext4 file journaling system” and mount point as “/” (Root)
Now you have to create the Swap Partition
- Size of Swap partition Depends upon the size of the RAM and available disk space.
- Since the RAM size of Huawei MateBook X Pro is the 16GB size of Swap should be half the size of RAM.
Now you have to create the Home Partition
- You should provide maximum size to the Home partition as this area is where you will keep all your files.
- Finally, after creating all the partitions Home, Swap and Root, click on install now to continue the process of installing Linux Mint on your Huawei MateBook X Pro.
4. Select Timezone, Keyboard Layout, and Login Credentials
You have crossed all the hurdles after reaching this point. Now there are some easy steps left such as Selecting timezone, keyboard layout, and login credentials. Once the installation is completed two options will appear on the screen Continue testing live version or to restart the system. After restarting you will receive a beautiful Linux Operating system on your Screen.
Thanks for being patient and I hope the guide to install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro was helpful.
Welcome to Huawei MateBook X Pro Linux Mint
Read also –
- Huawei MateBook X Pro Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to overclock Huawei MateBook X Pro’s CPU
- Huawei MateBook X Pro BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- Common Problems with Huawei MateBook X Pro and their Fix
- How to Fix Overheating problem in Huawei Matebook X pro
Read some more installation guides for Huawei MateBook X Pro: