Here is How to install Testdisk on Ubuntu OS to get a Partition scanner and disk recovery tool. Just copy and paste the commands into your terminal.
What is TestDisk?
TestDisk is a free and open-source command line interface data recovery tool which is used to recover data from deleted or lost partitions. The software was written in C programming languages by Christophe Granier and licensed under the GNU/GPLv2 license. TestDisk is cross platform tool which can be run on any desktop including Linux, Windows, macOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and even NetBS.
Uses of TestDisk
- With Testdisk you can repair a corrupt or damaged partition table.
- Recover a deleted disk partition.
- It restores files from Windows filesystems such as NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT, and ext2 Linux filesystem.
- It can copy files from deleted or corrupt Windows filesystems such as NTFS, FAT32, and exFAT and Linux partitions (ext2, ext3, and ext4).
- To Recover and Rebuild the NTFS, FAT32, and FAT16 boot sectors from their backups.
- You can also repair corrupt FAT32 tables as well as the MFT by riding with the help of the MFT mirror.
How to install Testdisk in Ubuntu?
sudo apt update sudo apt install testdisk
To remove Testdisk from your Ubuntu system use
sudo apt remove testdisk