Here is How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX. We will explain each and every step to install this Linux Operating system on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX.
- Ubuntu is a free and open-source Linux Debian operating system.
- Also, Ubuntu offers three editions desktop, server, cloud, and Ubuntu core.
- It provides new releases every 6 months while LTS occurs every 2 years.
- Ubuntu is developed by Canonical which provides free security updates and support to its users.
- Furthermore, for installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX you meet minimum requirements such as 2GB RAM, Dual-Core Processor (2 GH) and 25 GB free space.
What’s new in Ubuntu 18.04
- It is the Latest Long term support version of Ubuntu for PCs and laptops.
Minimum Requirement to install Ubuntu 18.04
- 2 GHz dual-core processor
- 2 GB of system memory
- 25 GB of free hard drive space or more
- Use either a USB port or DVD Drive for the installer media
- Internet access is optional
About HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- HP Envy 13-ah0044TX comes with a 13.3-inch HD Display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i7 processor with 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 256GB Storage which is expandable to 128GB.
- The graphics are powered by 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150.
- Finally, Windows 10 Home is pre-installed.
Read More about HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
Read also – HP Envy 13-ah0044TX Problems & their Solutions
You can also Discuss problems or share solutions regarding HP Envy 13-ah0044TX0 on Infofuge Community.
Advantages of installing Ubuntu on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- It is free of cost while the official Windows operating system is chargeable.
- Ubuntu can be run without installing and can be used for testing purpose. You can simply run it live from your USB or DVD drive and it can be a portable OS.
- Ubuntu is customizable while on Windows you can only customize some components.
- It is more secure.
- Ubuntu is good for developers. It provides Unix utilities combined with Piping and redirection which can blow any programmers mind. The Unix shell can be customized to make it easy to write the programs.
- It can be updated without restarting.
- The way Ubuntu has been created it is very difficult for a virus to survive so there is no need to install anti-virus software in Ubuntu.
- Lastly, Ubuntu provides more resources.
Instructions to install Ubuntu on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
Make sure you have the latest Ubuntu Operating system Downloaded from the official Site, if not then download it from the official website.
1. Create a Bootable Disk
The downloaded ISO file is to be burned into a USB/DVD or flash drive which will be used to boot the computer.
Recommended drive – USB
Tips to Boot a USB Device
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- To change the boot order in HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- First of all, turn off your Laptop or restart it
- Then to enter into UEFI BIOS Press F10 or F6 key as soon as HP Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the F10 orF6 key or other key provided by Manufacturer
- Storage tab, then select Boot Options and finally change the boot order to the USB
- Save, Reboot
More details at HP
3. Boot from the Drive USB/DVD
- After successfully booting your USB stick you need to turn off your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX to install Ubuntu on it.
- Insert the USB in port and once you will restart your laptop the screen presenting “Try Ubuntu” and “Install Ubuntu” will be shown to you.
- You can either try ubuntu or install Ubuntu, Although Try option is for testing the operating system this process will also take some time.
- So if you are continuing with install Ubuntu then read the further guide.
4. Installing Ubuntu 18.04
There are many steps in the process of installing Ubuntu on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX which will be provided step-by-step below,
1. Choosing Keyboard
- Choose a keyboard layout and click Continue and by default English option is selected.
- Now you have to choose a type of installation as there are two types – Normal and Minimal installation. In our case, we have preferred a normal installation.
- Downloading updates while installing must be turned off for a faster installation.
- install third-party software for graphics and Wi-Fi hardware, MP3 and additional media formats should be selected only is internet connection is available while installation.
- Finally, click continue to proceed.
2. Selecting the installation type
- Erase the whole disk and install the Ubuntu: It is the easiest way to install Ubuntu on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX. A fresh copy will be installed on your Laptop by erasing all the stored data on your PC.
- For security Encrypting new Ubuntu installation for security: Not to worry about this option as this option will ensure the security of your drives.
- Using LVM: LVM or Logical Volume Management
- Something Else: Use this option if you want to install Ubuntu along with existing Operating system such as Windows 10. In addition, only select this option if you are familiar with such a technical task.
3. Creating Partitions for Something Else Option
- To create the partition on your own you can click “New Partition Table”
- Click on Continue and create a /boot partition of size 1.5GB. Select free space and click on the “+” symbol for creating a new partition.
- Now click on OK
- Let’s create the /home partition of size more than 18GB.
- Next, create partitions / of 6GB and /var of 4GB by using the process we have discussed with you.
- Lastly, Create the swap area partition of 2GB.
- Check that all the partitions are made correctly or not. Once you have created the partitions successfully you can proceed to the further steps by clicking Install Now.
5. Selecting Time Zone
Choose the desired time zone and click on continue
6. Providing user credentials
Give your information to the page prompted to you. The page will ask your name, computers name, username, and the password. Finally, click on continue to begin the process of installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX.
7. Start installation
Installation may take around 5 to 10 minutes on your Microsoft Laptop which may depend on the speed of Laptop.
8. Restart and Login
Restart your computer and enter the login details you have provided previously in User credentials.
Welcome to HP Envy 13-ah0044TX Ubuntu
In conclusion, we have successfully discussed the complete process of installing Ubuntu 18.04 on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX. Enjoy your new operating system.
Read some installation guides –