Here is the guide to Install Ubuntu on Huawei Matebook D using a USB drive. We will explain each and every step to install this Linux Operating system on your Huawei Matebook D.
- Ubuntu is a free and open-source Linux Debian operating system.
- Also, Ubuntu offers three editions Desktop, server, cloud, and Ubuntu core.
- It provides new releases every 6 months while LTS occurs every 2 years.
- Ubuntu is developed by Canonical which provides free security updates and support to its users.
- Furthermore, for installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your Huawei Matebook D you meet minimum requirements such as 2GB RAM, Dual Core Processor (2 GH) and 25 GB free space.
About Huawei Matebook D
Huawei Matebook D packs with a touch-screen display and AMD processor at an affordable price. It has one of the most comfortable keyboards and long battery life. The laptop has an aluminum chassis and good graphics performance. Furthermore, this is a solid mainstream laptop.
- CPU: 2.0-GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor
- RAM: 8GB of RAM – To Upgrade RAM of Huawei Matebook D
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD – To Upgrade SSD
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile GPU
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Warranty: One Year
Read Full Review
Advantages of installing Ubuntu
- It is free of cost while the official Windows operating system is chargeable.
- Ubuntu can be run without installing and can be used for testing purpose. You can simply run it live from your USB or DVD drive and it can be a portable OS.
- Ubuntu is customizable while on Windows you can only customize some components.
- It is more secure.
- Ubuntu is good for developers. It provides Unix utilities combined with Piping and redirection which can blow any programmers mind.
- The Unix shell can be customized to make it easy to write the programs.
- It can be updated without restarting.
- The way Ubuntu has been created it is very difficult for a virus to survive so there is no need to install anti-virus software in Ubuntu.
Instructions to install Ubuntu on Huawei MateBook D
Make sure you have the latest Ubuntu Operating system Downloaded from the official Site, if not then download it from the official Website.
1. Create a Bootable Disk
The downloaded ISO file is to be burned into a USB/DVD or flash drive which will be used to boot the computer.
Recommended drive – USB
Tips to Boot a USB Device
- After installing Rufus simply select the Ubuntu ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook D
- Turn your Huawei laptop off
- To install a different Operating System in your Huawei Matebook D from USB. You will need to disable secure boot inside the boot menu.
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter the BIOS menu, Press the power button and press the F2 button.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
3. Boot from the Drive USB/DVD
- After successfully booting your USB stick you need to turn off your Huawei Matebook D to install Ubuntu on it.
- Insert the USB in port and once you will restart your laptop the screen presenting “Try Ubuntu” and “Install Ubuntu” will be shown to you.
- You can either try ubuntu or install Ubuntu, Although Try option is for testing the operating system this process will also take some time.
- So if you are continuing with install Ubuntu then read the further guide.
4. Installing Ubuntu
There are many steps in the process of installing Ubuntu on your Huawei Matebook D which will be provided step-by-step below,
1. Choosing Keyboard
- Choose a keyboard layout and click Continue and by default English option is selected.
- Now you have to choose a type of installation as there are two types – Normal and Minimal installation. In our case, we have preferred the normal installation.
- Downloading updates while installing must be turned off for a faster installation.
- install third-party software for graphics and Wi-Fi hardware, MP3 and additional media formats should be selected only is internet connection is available while installation.
- Finally, click continue to proceed.
2. Selecting the installation type
- Erase the whole disk and install the Ubuntu: It is the easiest way to install Ubuntu on your Huawei Matebook D. A fresh copy will be installed on your Laptop by erasing all the stored data on your PC.
- For security Encrypting new Ubuntu installation for security: Not to worry about this option as this option will ensure the security of your drives.
- Using LVM: LVM or Logical Volume Management
- Something Else: Use this option if you want to install Ubuntu along with existing Operating system such as Windows 10. In addition, only select this option if you are familiar with such technical task.
3. Creating Partitions for Something Else Option
- To create the partition on your own you can click “New Partition Table”
- Click on Continue and create a /boot partition of size 1.5GB. Select free space and click on the “+” symbol for creating a new partition.
- Now click on OK
- Let’s create the /home partition of size more than 18GB.
- Next, create partitions / of 6GB and /var of 4GB by using the process we have discussed with you.
- Lastly, Create the swap area partition of 2GB.
- Check that all the partitions are made correctly or not. Once you have created the partitions successfully you can proceed to the further steps by clicking Install Now.
5. Selecting Time Zone
Choose the desired time zone and click on continue
6. Providing user credentials
Give your information to the page prompted to you. The page will ask your name, computers name, username, and the password. Finally, click on continue to begin the process of installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your Huawei Matebook D.
7. Start installation
Installation may take around 5 to 10 minutes on your Huawei Laptop which may depend on the speed of Laptop.
8. Restart and Login
Restart your computer and enter the login details you have provided previously in User credentials.
Welcome to Ubuntu
In conclusion, we have successfully discussed the complete process of installing Ubuntu 18.04 on Huawei Matebook D. Enjoy your new operating system.
Read also –
- How to install Windows 7 on Huawei MateBook D with USB
- How to install Kali Linux on Huawei Matebook D
Any Problem with the Laptop Get a quick fix by on Infofuge Community