To install Windows 10 or 7 on Asus Chromebook Flip you need to mess up with the operating system, firmware, and BIOS. However, These actions can result in some serious effects on your Laptop.
Chromebooks are not officially designed for installing Windows Operating system and you can’t install Windows without any modifications in BIOS. Lastly, installing windows on your Asus Chromebook Flip is not recommended instead we will be providing some ways to make things happen.
About Asus Chromebook Flip
- Asus Chromebook Flip comes with a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels and Wide View Angle LED Backlight Glare panel.
- It is powered by Rockchip 1.8GHz Quad-core RK3288C processor with 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16 or 32GB of storage.
- Lastly, it has a battery backup of 9 hours.
What is a Chromebook and Chrome OS?
Most Computers run on Windows unless you have a Macbook. ChromeOS was first released in 2011 and is still unknown to many people because of its limitations. When it was released you need an internet connection to use apps but now it has evolved and apps can be easily installed.
Chromebooks are popular because of its lightness and a cheap price. It doesn’t need heavy hardware to run OS as in case of Windows and MacOS which makes it affordable than other laptops. Another advantage of Chromebook is an impressive battery life which can last the whole day with a single charge. This is why they are popular in the education sector.
Methods to run Windows on Asus Chromebook Flip
1. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Application will enable you to connect your PC with another or use another desktop while using your Chromebook. This is act as a virtual machine and will open a window which will show an entirely different operating system. So this method can be very effective if you have a Windows computer around.
To install the Chrome Remote Desktop:
- Open the Chrome Store and Download the Chrome Remote Desktop extension and same in your Windows PC.
- In your Windows Computer, Open Chrome Remote Desktop and then choose to Get Started. From here, choose Share. An Access code creates option will be provided to you and will ask to define your computer. Email the code to your email address to remember it.
- Switch to your Chromebook and Start the Chrome Remote Desktop. Windows computer will be shown to your screen as an option to select and connect to. Select it, write the access code that you sent yourself. Finally, click Connect.
However, Remote Desktop is a good way to Run Windows 10 on your Asus Chromebook Flip but there are some pitfalls such as a proper internet connection and high-speed internet.
2. Altos Mode
Soon It will be very easy to run Windows on Chromebooks. There will be an additional feature which will be called dual boot functionality means you can run both Chrome OS and Windows. Google is testing for dual boot mode for their Pixelbooks which means you have to pay more some advanced models.