Here is How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga with USB? just follow the step-by-step instructions for a successful installation.
About Windows 7
- Windows 7 is produced by Microsoft as part of the family of Windows operating systems. It was available from October 22, 2009, in the market.
- The operating system has been praised by critics and is considered as the major improvement over previous models.
- Windows 7 was a major part of the success of Microsoft and As of 2019, 40% of computers worldwide are using Windows 7.
Advantages of installing Windows 7
- It is faster than the previous versions of Windows includingThesta and XP in terms of boot up time and installation.
- Also, the graphical user interface was upgraded in Windows 7.
- Windows 7 comes with the windows defender which provides the best protection to the system.
- It is probably safe from hackers and is much safer than the previous operating systems launched by Microsoft.
- Lastly, programs such as Wordpad, MS office and paint have been improved.
Disadvantages of Installing Windows 7
- The first disadvantage of installing Windows 7 is that it needs a minimum RAM capacity of at least 1 GB.
- The second drawback is that the Windows XP user finds this OS difficult to use so they switch back to XP.
- Many users of Windows 7 have encountered a problem of BSOD.
- Lastly, from boot up time to launching any application Windows 10 is faster than Windows 7.
Windows 10 vs Windows 7
- As of August 2018, there were 40.3% users of Windows 7 and 37.8% of Windows 10.
- Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7 with features like UEFI secure boot, Device Guard, and BitLocker.
- Windows 7 provides better software compatibility than the new Operating system Windows 10.
- Lastly, users are more familiar to Windows 7 and for old users, it’s not worth spending the time to install a new operating system.
About Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga comes with a 13.3 Inches display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- It is powered by 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen processor with 8GB DDR4 RAM upgradable to 32GB and 256 GB SSD.
- The graphics in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga are powered by Intel UHD 620 graphics card.
- Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga has a battery capacity of 45 Watt Hours and it also supports the quick charge, up to 80% charge in less than 1 hour.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is pre-installed.
Instructions to install Windows 7 on Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
The process of installing Windows 7 in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga is very simple all you need to do is follow some set of instructions and get the result.
- First of all, create a backup of all your files as you may lose all your data.
- Minimum RAM capacity needed is 1GB
- Download the Windows 7 ISO file from the official website – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows7
- For installing the 64-bit Windows 7 operating system, we need a minimum of 20 GB.
1. Create Bootable USB Drive for installing Windows 7 from USB
Minimum 6GB USB Flash Drive required to install Windows 7
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- Turn your Lenovo ThinkPad off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press F12 key as soon as Thinkpad logo appears.
- Now Under Boot Menu choose your USB drive by using Arrow keys.
Read also – Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga Boot from USB guide
Now you can select the language to install, Time and currency and Keyboard and input method.
- Click Next
- Now, select install Now
- Read and Accept the Windows 7 License and Terms
- Next, there are two options available to install Windows Upgrade and Custom (advanced) select “Custom (advanced)”.
2. Decide where to install Windows 7 on your Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- A Hard drive is also known as a disk drive which stores data on your computer and partitions divide this storage into parts.
- You just need to select the disk on a new PC which should be characterized as Unallocated Space.
- If the drives have data on it you should delete the data or format it by selecting the drives from the list and click on Drive options (advanced) and then Format from the options.
- Create a partition if your computer doesn’t have any partitions yet
- Now, From the list of hard drives select one and click on the Drive options (advanced).
- Select “New” from Drive options and select the size, and click “OK” (Remember 1GB = 1024MB)
- Once you have selected your preferred hard drive to select it from the list and click Next.
- Finally, Installation of Windows 7 on your Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga will begin.
Wait for a few minutes and you will get all new operating system installed in your Laptop.
If you have any issue or confusion during installation you are free to ask by commenting