To Overclock Acer Predator Helios 300 CPU you need to unlock the processor. Since the processor is locked you have to unlock this processor illegally and perform overclocking.
About Acer Predator Helios 300
- The laptop is known for the cooling system and a gaming laptop at an affordable price.
- It is powered by Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, 6 core Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB of RAM.
- Advantages of purchasing Acer Predator are the 144Hz refresh rate and good battery life.
- The disadvantages of purchasing this laptop are overheating problem, loud fans, and Lackluster sound.
Any Problem with your Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop then you can get a Fix at Infofuge Community Join Acer Predator Helios 300 Forum
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Intel Core i7-7700HQ.
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Due to overclocking many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Intel processor is overheating and more power usage. Ultimately, heating will result in decreasing the life span of your CPU.
Difference between locked and unlocked processors
- You might have been noticed about locked and unlocked processors while purchasing
- Unlocked processors are made with unlocked clock multipliers and are denoted with K
- These unlocked processors can be overclocked by pairing with a proper chipset while locked processors are not overclockable.
- Earlier CPU’s were used to sold unlocked but now nearly every Intel CPU’s are locked
- However, the Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU may overclock as every processor has the ability to perform more than safety limits but it will result in bricking.
Read also – Is it safe to overclock my Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti?
About Intel Core i7-7700HQ
- Manufacturer: Intel
- Base Frequency: 2.80 GHz
- Lithography: 14 nm
- Segment: Desktop
- Cores: 4
- Cache: 6 MB
- TDP: 45 W
- Max Turbo frequency: 3.80 GHz
- Max Memory Size: 64 GB
- Instructions set: 64-bit
Why you cannot Intel Core i7-7700HQ Overclock?
- A CPU Locking is done to lock the clock multiplier permanently or till the clock limit is not removed.
- So it is a restriction on overclocking or to protect the CPU from further damages.
- These locked models are denoted with ‘K’ in Intel and ‘Black’ for the AMD
- Lastly, If you want to overclock your Intel Core i7-7700HQ then you have to unlock if possible. Since Turbo boost is not available you cannot increase the performance of this processor.
Read also – How to overclock Snapdragon 615 processor
What is Intel Core i7-7700HQ Turbo Boost Technology?
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology is the feature in Intel’s processors which raises the operating frequency whenever there is high demanding task running.
- Furthermore, the feature accelerates the frequency of the processor when the operating system demands high performance.
- The Turbo boost concept can also be called as “Dynamic Overclocking”.
- This feature is enabled in the processors including Core i5, i7, i9, and XEON processors.
Remember: Overclocking is never a safe process while turbo boost is always safe.
Read also – Is it safe to overclock AMD GPU Rx 580?
Instructions to Overclock Acer Predator Helios 300’s Processor
- To enable or disable Turbo Boost in Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- Select System Utility screenFrom the
- Enter. and press
- Select a setting and press Enter.
- Enabled: To Enable hyperthreading technology.
- Disabled – To reduce power usage and get stable performance.
- Finally, Press F10
- To monitor your CPU you can download and install CPU-Z and ThrottleStop
- Lastly, the Turbo boost is an automatic function provided in Intel processors.
Read also –
- How to overclock Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to overclock GPU of Acer Predator Helios 300 performance
- How to install and Dual Boot Ubuntu 18.04 on Acer Predator Helios 300
- Complete Acer Predator Helios 300 Overheating problem Fix
- How to install Kali Linux on Acer Predator Helios 300