To overclock Huawei P20 Lite you should have a rooted device, a Clockworkmode recovery installed, and a right Kernel for tweaking CPU.
About Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei P20 Lite comes with a 5.84-inch full-HD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2280 pixels.
- The phone is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
- Storage of Huawei P20 Lite can be expanded using a MicroSD card.
- Lastly, it uses a 3,000mAh non-removable battery.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of overclocking?
- The common advantages of overclocking are the increased performance of the hardware component such as a processor and RAM.
- Overclocking is generally performed by gamers who want to increase the performance of their graphics cards.
- Furthermore, if overclocking is done correctly is very beneficial.
- The one and only disadvantage of overclocking are overheating.
- The overheating is the only result of overclocking because other hardware components such as RAM are also involved in the process which makes the process more heated up.
- In addition, if the process of overclocking is not properly performed on your Huawei P20 Lite it may result in destroying.
- Furthermore, for performing overclock or any other adjustments you need to root your Huawei P20 Lite.
- After successfully rooting your phone you have installed a CPU manager application. You can use apps such as SetCPU and Kernel Auditor.
Remember: Overclocking can be hazardous, Do your own research and we are not responsible for any damages
Instructions to overclock Huawei P20 Lite
- Download the Kernel for Huawei P20 Lite which supports overclocking from XDA-developers.
- Now connect your Huawei device with Computer with a USB cable.
- Copy the kernel to your SD card’s root.
- Reboot your device and enter into recovery mode and make a backup to serve as the contingency.
- Now select Wipe Cache to give a clean cache while flashing the kernel.
- “Install from Zip card” Select zip file from SD where you have copied the kernel file. Once the selected process of installation will start and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- All done, Reboot the device
- Now we have to set up the clock speed of the device.
- Lastly, Download SetCPU Set your device’s clock speed.
We have discussed Huawei P20 Lite and its specifications. The process of overclocking is successfully discussed above which can be resulting in extra performance. However, overclocking is beneficial if done correctly and equally hazardous if done wrong.
Read also –
- Download the Best Launcher for Huawei P20 Lite
- How to install LineageOS 16 on Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei P20 Lite Running slow or lagging issue Fix
- Huawei P20 Lite Call Recorder for recording calls automatically
- How to connect Huawei P20 Lite to TV to watch videos