Here is How to overclock Razer Blade 15‘s processor to increase the performance. Since the processor is locked you have to unlock this processor illegally and perform overclocking.
About Razer Blade 15
- Razer Blade 15 is known for its incredibly thin design and top-notch looks.
- It comes with a 13.3-inch, touch display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080-pixel.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7-8750H processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
- According to TechRadar’s battery test, it lasts for 5 hours and 59 minutes.
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Intel Core i7-8750H.
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Due to overclocking many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Intel processor is overheating and more power usage. Ultimately, heating will result in decreasing the life span of your CPU.
Since Overclocking is not possible on your Razer Blade 15 we will be using Intel Turbo Boost technology to improve the performance.
What is Intel Turbo Boost Technology?
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology is the feature in Intel’s processors which raises the operating frequency whenever there is high demanding task running.
- Furthermore, the feature accelerates the frequency of the processor when the operating system demands high performance.
- The Turbo boost concept can also be called as “Dynamic Overclocking”.
- This feature is enabled in the processors including Core i5, i7, i9, and Celeron processors.
Remember: Overclocking is never a safe process while turbo boost is always safe.
About Intel Core i7-8750H
- Manufacturer: Intel
- Product Segment: Mobile
- Base Frequency: 2.20 GHz
- Lithography: 14 nm
- Maximum Turbo Frequency: 4.10 GHz
- Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
- Cache: 9MB
- TDP: 45W
- Maximum Memory Size: 64GB
- Cores: 6
- Threads: 12
Why you cannot overclock Intel Core i7-8750H?
- A CPU Locking is done to lock the clock multiplier permanently or till the clock limit is not removed.
- So it is a restriction on overclocking or to protect the CPU from further damages.
- These locked models are denoted with ‘K’ in Intel and ‘Black’ for the AMD
- Lastly, If you want to overclock your Intel Core i7-8750H then you have to unlock if possible.
- Intel Turbo Boost technology is available for your Processor with the maximum turbo frequency of 4.10 GHz.
Read also – Is it safe to overclock AMD GPU Rx 580?
To Enable or Disable Intel Core i7-8750H Turbo Boost
- To enable or disable Turbo Boost in Intel Core i7-8750H
- Select System Utility screenFrom the
- Enter. and press
- Select a setting and press Enter.
- Enabled: To Enable hyperthreading technology.
- Disabled – To reduce power usage and get stable performance.
- Finally, Press F10
- To monitor your CPU you can download and install CPU-Z and ThrottleStop
- Lastly, the Turbo boost is an automatic function provided in Intel processors.
Read also –