To overclock Redmi Note 4 you should have a rooted device, a Clockworkmode recovery installed, and a right Kernel for tweaking CPU.
About Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 4 has a 5.9-inch screen smartphone with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,160 pixels.
- The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 SoC with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/32GB/64GB expandable via microSD slot up to 128GB.
- It has a rear camera of 13MP and selfie camera of 5MP.
- The graphics are powered by Adreno 506.
- The phone is a dual sim and comes with MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Lastly, it has a 4100mAh Battery.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of overclocking?
- The common advantages of overclocking are the increased performance of the hardware component such as a processor and RAM.
- Overclocking is generally performed by gamers who want to increase the performance of their graphics cards.
- Furthermore, if overclocking is done correctly is very beneficial.
- The one and only disadvantage of overclocking are overheating.
- The overheating is the only result of overclocking because other hardware components such as RAM are also involved in the process which makes the process more heated up.
- In addition, if the process of overclocking is not properly performed on your Redmi Note 4 it may result in destroying.
- Furthermore, for performing overclock or any other adjustments you need to root your Redmi Note 4.
- Finally, After successfully rooting your phone you have installed a CPU manager application. You can use apps such as SetCPU and Kernel Auditor.
Remember: Overclocking can be hazardous, Do your own research and we are not responsible for any damages
Instructions to overclock Redmi Note 4
- Download the Kernel for Redmi Note 4 which supports overclocking from XDA-developers.
- Now connect your Huawei device with Computer with a USB cable.
- Copy the kernel to your SD card’s root.
- Reboot your device and enter into recovery mode and make a backup to serve as the contingency.
- Now select Wipe Cache to give a clean cache while flashing the kernel.
- “Install from Zip card” Select zip file from SD where you have copied the kernel file. Once the selected process of installation will start and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- All done, Reboot the device
- Now we have to set up the clock speed of the device.
- Lastly, Download SetCPU Set your device’s clock speed.
We have discussed Redmi Note 4 and its specifications. The process of overclocking is successfully discussed above which can be resulting in extra performance. However, overclocking is beneficial if done correctly and equally hazardous if done wrong.
Read also –
- Redmi Note 6 Pro Heating issue or overheating problem Fix
- How to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7 Call Recorder for recording calls automatically
- Redmi Note 7 Running Slow or Sluggish Problem fix